“Blood! Blast! And Fire!”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Dominator
Location: The Northern Continent
The Kingdom of The Icemark is a massive, devout nation, ruled by King Edward Lindenshield with an iron fist, and remarkable for its ban on automobiles. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 4.921 billion are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Religion & Spirituality, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Frostmarris. The average income tax rate is 93%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Tourism industry.
It is illegal to make racist remarks in public, god-fearing citizens can be seen in prayer circles around the Big Max impact crater, the public health bureaucracy is wrapped in miles of red tape, and the armed forces are locked in an expensive and bloody war abroad to stamp out possible terrorists. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. The Icemark's national animal is the Snow Leopard, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Druid Wiccanism And Odinism, and its currency is the Gold Piece.
Most Recent Government Activity: 11 hours ago
- 15 hours ago: The Icemark was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Developed (last census: Top 5%).
- 3 days 23 hours ago: The Icemark established the regional flag of The Northern Continent.
- 3 days 23 hours ago: The Icemark altered its national flag.
- 4 days ago: The Icemark voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Responsible Armaments Trading".
- 4 days ago: The Icemark voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Anarchy".
- 4 days ago: The Icemark was admitted to the World Assembly.
- 4 days ago: The Icemark applied to join the World Assembly.
- 4 days ago: The Icemark fell out of the world Top 10% for Safest.
- 6 days ago: The Icemark resigned from the World Assembly.
- 10 days ago: The Icemark was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Happiest Citizens.
Endorsements Received: None.