“Blood! Blast! And Fire!”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Hegemony
Location: The Northern Continent
The Kingdom of The Icemark is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by King Edward Lindenshield with an iron fist, and notable for its hatred of cheese. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 5.71 billion The Icemarkians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Religion & Spirituality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Frostmarris. The average income tax rate is 95%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Waste is frequently shipped to other countries, the government awards prizes to television shows featuring stereotype-breaking minority roles, psychological disorders are a taboo subject, and large areas of The Icemark are not accessible by the public. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. The Icemark's national animal is the Snow Leopard, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Druid Wiccanism And Odinism, and its currency is the Gold Piece.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 hours ago
- 2 days 23 hours ago: The Icemark was reclassified from "Iron Fist Consumerists" to "Father Knows Best State".
- 11 days ago: The Icemark fell out of the world Top 10% for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- 12 days ago: The Icemark was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates (last census: Top 5%).
- 23 days ago: The Icemark was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Public Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 26 days ago: The Icemark was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Defense Forces (last census: Top 10%).
- 36 days ago: The Icemark's influence in The Northern Continent rose from "Dominator" to "Hegemony".
- 40 days ago: The Icemark fell out of the world Top 10% for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 49 days ago: The Icemark was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- 54 days ago: The Icemark fell out of the world Top 10% for Happiest Citizens.
- 66 days ago: The Icemark was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates (last census: Top 10%).
Endorsements Received: None.