The Holy blue Kingdom of The Icemark is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by King Edward Lindenshield with an iron fist, and notable for its keen interest in outer space, fear of technology, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical, devout population of 8.605 billion Northerners are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Spirituality. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Frostmarris. The average income tax rate is 95.5%.
The frighteningly efficient The Icemarkian economy, worth 823 trillion Gold Pieces a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Gambling industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is 95,738 Gold Pieces, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
All transmission towers have been temporarily diverted in order to establish dialogue with a comet, bungee jumpers rarely go splat, atheists are heavily taxed, and millions of devastated 7-year-olds are denied astronaut and ballerina training. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Icemark's national animal is the Snow Leopard, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Druid Wiccanism And Odinism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Icemark was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Conservative.
- : The Icemark's influence in The Northern Continent rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : The Icemark relocated from Balder to The Northern Continent.
- : The Icemark founded the region The Northern Continent.
- : The Icemark was refounded in Balder.
- : The Icemark ceased to exist.
- : The Icemark's influence in The Northern Continent rose from "Diplomat" to "Ambassador".
- : The Icemark's influence in The Northern Continent rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".
- : The Icemark's influence in The Northern Continent rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- : The Icemark's influence in The Northern Continent rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".