“Blood! Blast! And Fire!”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Dominator
Location: The Northern Continent
The Kingdom of The Icemark is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by King Edward Lindenshield with an iron fist, and notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its hard-nosed, cynical population of 5.177 billion are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Religion & Spirituality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Frostmarris. The average income tax rate is 95%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Waste is frequently shipped to other countries, the government awards prizes to television shows featuring stereotype-breaking minority roles, psychological disorders are a taboo subject, and large areas of The Icemark are not accessible by the public. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. The Icemark's national animal is the Snow Leopard, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Druid Wiccanism And Odinism, and its currency is the Gold Piece.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 hours ago
- 3 days ago: The Icemark fell out of the world Top 10% for Best Weather.
- 5 days ago: The Icemark voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend 1 Infinite Loop".
- 5 days ago: The Icemark voted against the World Assembly Resolution "World University for Peace".
- 6 days ago: The Icemark was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Authoritarian.
- 7 days ago: The Icemark voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Dourian Embassy".
- 9 days ago: The Icemark was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Police Ratios (last census: Top 10%).
- 11 days ago: Following new legislation in The Icemark, large areas of The Icemark are not accessible by the public.
- 12 days ago: The Icemark voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Rights and Duties of WA States"".
- 13 days ago: The Icemark voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate South Pacific"".
- 14 days ago: Following new legislation in The Icemark, psychological disorders are a taboo subject.
Endorsements Received: None.