“Liberty is the Order of the Day”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Fourth Republic of The Humanist Federation is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Consul Felix Asimov with a fair hand, and notable for its unlimited-speed roads. The compassionate, intelligent population of 3.674 billion Hughmens are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Palatine City. The average income tax rate is 91%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Hospitals are amongst the best-funded in the region, 'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of The Humanist Federation's radio stations, the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes, and graffiti graces every city's streets. Crime is totally unknown. The Humanist Federation's national animal is the Cassowary, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Federation Credit.
Most Recent Government Activity: 26 days ago
- 11 days ago: The Humanist Federation was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Godforsaken.
- 12 days ago: The Humanist Federation fell out of the world Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 13 days ago: The Humanist Federation was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Public Sector.
- 15 days ago: The Humanist Federation was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights (last census: Top 5%).
- 15 days ago: The Humanist Federation was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- 19 days ago: The Humanist Federation was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Smartest Citizens.
- 21 days ago: The Humanist Federation was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Nudest.
- 26 days ago: The Humanist Federation was refounded in Osiris.
- 68 days ago: The Humanist Federation ceased to exist.
- 74 days ago: The Humanist Federation seized the position of The periphery WA Delegate from The Soft and Puffy Nation of Vandoosa Dreizehn.