The Westphalian Reich of The House of Petain is a colossal, cultured nation, notable for its daily referendums, irreverence towards religion, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 7.895 billion The Houses of Petainian have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Education, although Industry, Public Transport, and Welfare are also considered important, while Spirituality isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Saint Augustine. The average income tax rate is 47.5%.
The powerhouse The House of Petainian economy, worth 670 trillion Westphalian Franks a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Cheese Exports, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 84,882 Westphalian Franks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.2 times as much as the poorest.
The government is pouring money into 'Operation Enduring Democracy', conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings, the tenet of free speech is held dear, and ten-year-olds regularly found their own political parties. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The House of Petain's national animal is the Imperial Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 46 days ago
- 8 hours ago: The House of Petain was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 17 days ago: The House of Petain's influence in Westphalia rose from "Diplomat" to "Auxiliary".
- 18 days ago: The House of Petain was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 24 days ago: The House of Petain's influence in Westphalia fell from "Ambassador" to "Diplomat".
- 25 days ago: The House of Petain was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 29 days ago: The House of Petain's influence in Westphalia fell from "Auxiliary" to "Ambassador".
- 30 days ago: The House of Petain's influence in Westphalia rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".
- 43 days ago: The House of Petain fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Gambling Industry.
- 48 days ago: The House of Petain lodged a message on the Gay Regional Message Board.
- 50 days ago: The House of Petain lodged a message on the Westphalia Regional Message Board.