The Desolation of The Haunted Woods is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by the Phantom Guide with a fair hand, and notable for its daily referendums, punitive income tax rates, and exploding hoverboards. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 11.978 billion Blind Followers hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt, liberal, outspoken morass — is solely concerned with Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of the Graveyard. The average income tax rate is 70.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Superstitious economy, worth 61.1 trillion corpses a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Information Technology industry. Average income is 5,104 corpses, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Graffiti graces every city's streets, towns that stop turning a profit are turned into animal sanctuaries, town nameplates frequently raise giggles from passing tourists, and prison visits increase substantially during election years. Crime, especially youth-related, is so common that it is unusual to encounter someone following the law, probably because of the absence of a police force. The Haunted Woods's national animal is the Will O' the Wisp, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is the Afterlife.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Haunted Woods voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Eternal Scholars".
- : Following new legislation in The Haunted Woods, graffiti graces every city's streets.
- : Following new legislation in The Haunted Woods, prison visits increase substantially during election years.
- : Following new legislation in The Haunted Woods, town nameplates frequently raise giggles from passing tourists.
- : The Haunted Woods was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Free and the Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : The Haunted Woods endorsed The United Socialist States of Caracasus.
- : The Haunted Woods was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Caracasus.
- : Following new legislation in The Haunted Woods, towns that stop turning a profit are turned into animal sanctuaries.
- : The Haunted Woods lodged a message on the Forest Regional Message Board.
- : The Haunted Woods voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn the Pacific"".
Endorsements Received: 1 » Caracasus.