The Republic of The Godly States of America is a massive, safe nation, ruled by President Abraham Lincoln with a fair hand, and renowned for its unlimited-speed roads, sprawling nuclear power plants, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 4.758 billion The Godly Stateses of American love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Spirituality, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of God's Kingdom. The average income tax rate is 92.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse The Godly States of American economy, worth 405 trillion Blessings a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Automobile Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Woodchip Exports and Uranium Mining. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 85,273 Blessings, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Violently opinionated speakers can be heard preaching their hateful views on every street corner, the study of medicine is popular throughout The Godly States of America, the government is seen to favor Catholics, and roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Godly States of America's national animal is the Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity: 17 days ago
- 3 days 12 hours ago: The Godly States of America fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Public Sector.
- 17 days ago: The Godly States of America was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Devout.
- 17 days ago: The Godly States of America was refounded in Balder.
- 1 year 142 days ago: The Godly States of America ceased to exist.
- 1 year 148 days ago: The Godly States of America was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Devout (last census: Top 1%).
- 1 year 150 days ago: The Godly States of America fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Politically Free.
- 1 year 156 days ago: The Godly States of America was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- 1 year 158 days ago: The Godly States of America was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 1 year 165 days ago: The Godly States of America was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Nicest Citizens.
- 1 year 166 days ago: The Godly States of America was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Compassionate Citizens.