The Delicate Sound of Thunder of The Gates of Delirium is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Westwind with an iron fist, and notable for its strictly enforced bedtime, compulsory military service, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 15.883 billion Delirians are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The large, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Path of Glory. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 65.3%.
The powerhouse The Gates of Delirian economy, worth a remarkable 1,245 trillion Fugits a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is 78,421 Fugits, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 221,366 per year while the poor average 22,238, a ratio of 10.0 to 1.
Immigrants are asked to leave their cultural traditions and pride at the border, citizens living in underground cities have developed a healthy green glow, all transmission towers have been temporarily diverted in order to establish dialogue with a comet, and Westwind is worshipped as a god. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Gates of Delirium's national animal is the Coiled Snake, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Church of Westwind.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Gates of Delirium was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Drug Use.
- : The Gates of Delirium resigned from the World Assembly.
- : The Gates of Delirium relocated from The West Pacific to The Rejected Realms.
- : The Gates of Delirium was ejected and banned from The West Pacific by The GCR-Crushing Champion of United RussoAsia.
- : The Gates of Delirium endorsed The Holy Red Cow Batman Hell of Elegarth.
- : The Gates of Delirium was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : The Gates of Delirium applied to join the World Assembly.
- : The Gates of Delirium lodged a message on the The West Pacific Regional Message Board.
- : The Gates of Delirium relocated from Balder to The West Pacific.
- : The Gates of Delirium altered its national flag.