The Delicate Sound of Thunder of The Gates of Delirium is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Westwind with an iron fist, and remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, keen interest in outer space, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 15.093 billion Delirians are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The large, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Path of Glory. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 64.3%.
The powerhouse The Gates of Delirian economy, worth a remarkable 1,172 trillion Fugits a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is 77,674 Fugits, with the richest citizens earning 8.9 times as much as the poorest.
The Gates of Delirium has designated The Path of Glory as its capital city, Westwind has just been declared ruler of The Gates of Delirium in an international press conference, vaccinations are mandatory, and mandatory electronic currency is a boon for credit card companies and government surveillance. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Gates of Delirium's national animal is the Coiled Snake, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Church of Westwind.
Most Recent Government Activity: 23 hours ago
- 21 days ago: Following new legislation in The Gates of Delirium, mandatory electronic currency is a boon for credit card companies and government surveillance.
- 21 days ago: Following new legislation in The Gates of Delirium, vaccinations are mandatory.
- 23 days ago: The Gates of Delirium relocated from Lazarus to The West Pacific.
- 23 days ago: The Gates of Delirium created a custom banner.
- 23 days ago: The Gates of Delirium altered its national flag.
- 23 days ago: The Gates of Delirium was refounded in Lazarus.
- 23 days ago: The Gates of Delirium ceased to exist.
- 26 days ago: The Gates of Delirium fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- 27 days ago: The Gates of Delirium was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- 34 days ago: The Gates of Delirium was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Developed.