“Raise the Jolly Roger.....!!!!!!!”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Pirates of The Floodcity is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Hr Puffin Stuff with an iron fist, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, cynical population of 23.588 billion The Floodcityians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The minute government, or what there is of one, is mainly concerned with Law & Order, although Defence and Healthcare are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of West End. The average income tax rate is 15%, but much higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The government is flooded with compensation requests, The Floodcity's navy has been named the scourge of the seven thousand seas, men avoid even so much as looking at female colleagues, and the police force is on a recruitment drive. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling. The Floodcity's national animal is the Iron Dog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Fellowship of the Mighty Lords, and its currency is the oggie boogie.
Most Recent Government Activity: 11 minutes ago
- 15 hours ago: The Floodcity fell out of the world Top 1% for Smartest Citizens.
- 16 hours ago: The Floodcity fell out of the regional Top 1% for Smartest Citizens.
- 3 days 2 hours ago: The Floodcity voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate The Black Riders".
- 3 days 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in The Floodcity, the police force is on a recruitment drive.
- 3 days 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in The Floodcity, men avoid even so much as looking at female colleagues.
- 3 days 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in The Floodcity, The Floodcity's navy has been named the scourge of the seven thousand seas.
- 5 days ago: The Floodcity fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- 5 days ago: The Floodcity fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- 7 days ago: The Floodcity withdrew its endorsement from The Free Land of Ecchi Unlimited.
- 7 days ago: The Floodcity lost the endorsement of The Free Land of Ecchi Unlimited.
Endorsements Received: 24 » The Tricrown, Hydia, The Salvation States, Loftegen, Knights Almeria, Tanzu, Aegis-5, Aigania, Nippon Shotou Teikoku, Carthago Tertius, Courlany, Beezertopia, Savolica, Ivia, Mouldy Bread, Mob city, Trackeendy, Dogelandia, Cronintopia, Hyperbolic Orbit, Citiga, United Hives of Honey Bees, Swearistan, and Killer Kitty.