The Pirates of The Floodcity is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Hr Puffin Stuff with an iron fist, and notable for its frequent executions, unlimited-speed roads, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The compassionate, cynical, cheerful population of 25.317 billion The Floodcityians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The minute, well-organized government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Law & Order, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of West End. Income tax is unheard of.
The strong The Floodcityian economy, worth 963 trillion oggie boogies a year, is driven entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 38,052 oggie boogies, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Skateparks can be found in every city, a weakened police force struggles to maintain law and order, computers are used primarily for word processing and solitaire, and disgruntled jocks are forced to play tetris for entertainment. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Floodcity's national animal is the Iron Dog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Fellowship of the Mighty Lords.
The Floodcity is ranked 3,906th in Lazarus and 129,438th in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring -114 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 9 hours ago
- 3 days 2 hours ago: The Floodcity was endorsed by The People's Republic of Ever Victorious Iron Willed Commanders.
- 3 days 13 hours ago: The Floodcity was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Mexicolt.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in The Floodcity, disgruntled jocks are forced to play tetris for entertainment.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in The Floodcity, computers are used primarily for word processing and solitaire.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in The Floodcity, a weakened police force struggles to maintain law and order.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in The Floodcity, skateparks can be found in every city.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in The Floodcity, a niche industry catering to S&M enthusiasts has sprung up.
- 21 days ago: The Floodcity was endorsed by The Armed Republic of Farmboybob.
- 21 days ago: The Floodcity was ranked #1 in the region for Most Compassionate Citizens (last census: Top 1%).
- 24 days ago: Following new legislation in The Floodcity, most citizens in The Floodcity are abject pyrophobes after extremely graphic pamphlets were mailed nationwide by the government.
Endorsements Received: 29 » The Tricrown, The Salvation States, Courlany, Aigania, Dakota Gage Carsons, Knights Almeria, Flatulati Incontinentia, Pol Pot and the Khmer Rouge, NeueZiel, Untied nation of the deltian republic, Funkadelia, Harmoneia, Guy Walters, Earth and Freedom, Trackeendy, Borsovia, Loftegen, Darkium, Aegis-5, Disaffected Non-Voting Misanthropes, Nippon Shotou Teikoku, Davewerld, BelloCaprica, Amerion, Cronintopia, Tearful Underwing, Farmboybob, Mexicolt, and Ever Victorious Iron Willed Commanders.