The Pirates of The Floodcity is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Hr Puffin Stuff with an iron fist, and notable for its museums and concert halls, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The compassionate, cynical, cheerful population of 25.491 billion The Floodcityians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The minute, well-organized government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Defense, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of West End. Income tax is unheard of.
The powerhouse The Floodcityian economy, worth a remarkable 1,137 trillion oggie boogies a year, is driven entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 44,617 oggie boogies, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.8 times as much as the poorest.
The government is spending millions on renovating the public transportation system, fancy dress parties are raided by military police for new recruits, warfare increasingly resembles a video game, and employers may fire workers without giving any reason. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Floodcity's national animal is the Iron Dog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Fellowship of the Mighty Lords.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Floodcity was endorsed by The Jingoistic States of Powthran.
- : The Floodcity was endorsed by The Oh Captain My Captain of Benevolent Thomas.
- : The Floodcity was endorsed by The Cormactopian Dominion of Lazmac.
- : The Floodcity was reclassified from "Corrupt Dictatorship" to "Father Knows Best State".
- : Following new legislation in The Floodcity, employers may fire workers without giving any reason.
- : Following new legislation in The Floodcity, warfare increasingly resembles a video game.
- : Following new legislation in The Floodcity, fancy dress parties are raided by military police for new recruits.
- : Following new legislation in The Floodcity, the government is spending millions on renovating the public transportation system.
- : Following new legislation in The Floodcity, the military has declared that 'a woman's place is in the mess hall'.
- : The Floodcity endorsed The Empire of Tinbo.
Endorsements Received: 29 » The Salvation States, Courlany, Aigania, Knights Almeria, Flatulati Incontinentia, Pol Pot and the Khmer Rouge, NeueZiel, Untied nation of the deltian republic, Harmoneia, Guy Walters, Earth and Freedom, Trackeendy, Borsovia, Loftegen, Darkium, Aegis-5, Nippon Shotou Teikoku, Davewerld, BelloCaprica, Amerion, Cronintopia, Farmboybob, Mexicolt, Ever Victorious Iron Willed Commanders, Rubyna, Tinbo, Lazmac, Benevolent Thomas, and Powthran.