The Transparent Democracy of The Electronic Future is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by the People's Assembly with an even hand, and renowned for its frequent executions, keen interest in outer space, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate population of 11.67 billion The Electronic Futureans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Municipality of Allende. The average income tax rate is 91.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The The Electronic Futurean economy, worth 844 trillion awesomes a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 72,379 awesomes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government is making attempts at curtailing the flood of spam emails with little progress, traveller camps regularly block five-lane superhighways, refugees from other nations are flocking to The Electronic Future's border, and elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Electronic Future's national animal is the freak, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Electronic Future's influence in Osiris rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : The Electronic Future's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : The Electronic Future's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : The Electronic Future's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : The Electronic Future was refounded in Osiris.
- : The Electronic Future ceased to exist.
- : The Electronic Future was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Governments.
- : The Electronic Future was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens and Highest Average Tax Rates and the Top 10% for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : The Electronic Future was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : The Electronic Future was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.