|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: Das Kommune
The Transparent Democracy of The Electronic Future is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by the People's Assembly with an even hand, and renowned for its irreverence towards religion. The compassionate population of 8.063 billion The Electronic Futureans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Municipality of Allende. The average income tax rate is 95%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The government is making attempts at curtailing the flood of spam emails with little progress, traveller camps regularly block five-lane superhighways, refugees from other nations are flocking to The Electronic Future's border, and elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Electronic Future's national animal is the freak, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the awesome.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 days ago
- 3 days 23 hours ago: The Electronic Future fell out of the regional Top 10% for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 8 days ago: The Electronic Future was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- 10 days ago: The Electronic Future's influence in Das Kommune fell from "Vassal" to "Minnow".
- 11 days ago: The Electronic Future's influence in Das Kommune rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".
- 11 days ago: The Electronic Future was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 10%).
- 13 days ago: The Electronic Future was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 16 days ago: The Electronic Future was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 21 days ago: The Electronic Future was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Populations.
- 34 days ago: The Electronic Future fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Cultured.
- 61 days ago: The Electronic Future endorsed The United Socialist Federation of 4years.
Endorsements Received: None.