The Transparent Democracy of The Electronic Future is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by the People's Assembly with an even hand, and renowned for its national health service, daily referendums, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate population of 9.06 billion The Electronic Futureans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Municipality of Allende. The average income tax rate is 92.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The The Electronic Futurean economy, worth 660 trillion awesomes a year, is driven entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 72,955 awesomes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government is making attempts at curtailing the flood of spam emails with little progress, traveller camps regularly block five-lane superhighways, refugees from other nations are flocking to The Electronic Future's border, and elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Electronic Future's national animal is the freak, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 hours ago
- 10 days ago: The Electronic Future fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Godforsaken.
- 21 days ago: The Electronic Future was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates.
- 33 days ago: The Electronic Future was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 48 days ago: The Electronic Future was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Transport Department.
- 50 days ago: The Electronic Future was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 10%).
- 50 days ago: The Electronic Future was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather.
- 51 days ago: The Electronic Future was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.
- 52 days ago: The Electronic Future was refounded in Lazarus.
- 66 days ago: The Electronic Future ceased to exist.
- 66 days ago: The Electronic Future's influence in Das Kommune fell from "Truckler" to "Vassal".