The Orthodox Federation of The Eagleland is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by President Manto Demou with an even hand, and remarkable for its national health service, avowedly heterosexual populace, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, cheerful population of 14.841 billion The Eaglelanders are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The tiny government is primarily concerned with Defense, with Education and Law & Order also on the agenda, while Environment and Social Policy receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Constantinople. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 3.6%.
The frighteningly efficient The Eaglelandian economy, worth a remarkable 2,525 trillion Eagleland Drachmas a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Woodchip Exports, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 170,143 Eagleland Drachmas, with the richest citizens earning 9.2 times as much as the poorest.
Student athletes gaze forlornly at abandoned Eagleball fields, citizens are permitted to carry concealed handguns, prices fluctuate manically for no fathomable reason, and tax assessment offices double as polling stations. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. The Eagleland's national animal is the Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Greek Orthodox Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Eagleland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- : The Eagleland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Stationary.
- : The Eagleland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Efficient Economies.
- : The Eagleland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- : The Eagleland's influence in Pardes rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- : The Eagleland was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector, Largest Mining Sector, and Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry and the Top 5% for Largest Manufacturing Sector and Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- : The Eagleland was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry (last census: Top 10%).
- : The Eagleland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- : The Eagleland fell out of the regional Top 10% for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : The Eagleland was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Mining Sector (last census: Top 5%).