“You may say that I'm a Dreamer but I'm not the only one”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: Hippy Haven
The Wonder of The Dreamer is a massive, socially progressive nation, notable for its absence of drug laws. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 2.424 billion love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Social Welfare, with areas such as Law & Order and Defence receiving almost no funds by comparison. The average income tax rate is 51%, and even higher for the wealthy. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Information Technology.
The tenet of free speech is held dear, high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate, voting is compulsory, and The Dreamer's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region. Crime is totally unknown. The Dreamer's national animal is the Siamese cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Dream Token.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 days ago
- 203 days ago: The Dreamer relocated from Hippiedom to Hippy Haven.
- 217 days ago: The Dreamer was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Income Equality.
- 222 days ago: The Dreamer altered its national flag.
- 222 days ago: The Dreamer changed nation type to "Wonder".
- 222 days ago: The Dreamer relocated from Osiris to Hippiedom.
- 222 days ago: The Dreamer was refounded.
- 353 days ago: The Dreamer ceased to exist.
- 1 year 85 days ago: The Dreamer fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Income Equality.
- 1 year 103 days ago: The Dreamer was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Income Equality.
- 1 year 103 days ago: The Dreamer was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Income Equality.