The Wonder of The Dreamer is a colossal, socially progressive nation, renowned for its state-planned economy, absence of drug laws, and punitive income tax rates. The democratic population of 6.274 billion The Dreamerians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 77.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant The Dreamerian economy, worth 90.4 trillion Dream Tokens a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Furniture Restoration, Automobile Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. Average income is 14,406 Dream Tokens, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The tenet of free speech is held dear, high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate, voting is compulsory, and The Dreamer's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Dreamer's national animal is the Siamese cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 31 days ago
- 31 days ago: The Dreamer altered its national flag.
- 31 days ago: The Dreamer relocated from Osiris to Hippy Haven.
- 31 days ago: The Dreamer was refounded in Osiris.
- 33 days ago: The Dreamer ceased to exist.
- 93 days ago: The Dreamer altered its national flag.
- 93 days ago: The Dreamer relocated from Osiris to Hippy Haven.
- 93 days ago: The Dreamer was refounded in Osiris.
- 116 days ago: The Dreamer ceased to exist.
- 163 days ago: The Dreamer was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Income Equality.
- 176 days ago: The Dreamer relocated from Madrigal to Zombieland.