“You may say that I'm a Dreamer but I'm not the only one”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: Hippy Haven
The Wonder of The Dreamer is a colossal, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, intelligent population of 5.139 billion The Dreamerians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Social Welfare, with areas such as Law & Order and Defence receiving almost no funds by comparison. The average income tax rate is 51%, and even higher for the wealthy. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Information Technology.
The tenet of free speech is held dear, high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate, voting is compulsory, and The Dreamer's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region. Crime is totally unknown. The Dreamer's national animal is the Siamese cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Dream Token.
Most Recent Government Activity: 38 days ago
- 17 days ago: The Dreamer fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Income Equality.
- 38 days ago: The Dreamer altered its national flag.
- 38 days ago: The Dreamer relocated from Lazarus to Hippy Haven.
- 38 days ago: The Dreamer was refounded in Lazarus.
- 38 days ago: The Dreamer ceased to exist.
- 99 days ago: The Dreamer altered its national flag.
- 99 days ago: The Dreamer relocated from Osiris to Hippy Haven.
- 99 days ago: The Dreamer was refounded in Osiris.
- 99 days ago: The Dreamer ceased to exist.
- 201 days ago: The Dreamer fell out of the regional Top 10% for Shortest Average Lifespan.