“Lasto beth nīn, tolo dan na ngalad”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Superpower
The Grand Duchy of The Derrak Quadrant is a gargantuan, devout nation, ruled by Demerzel with a fair hand, and remarkable for its unlimited-speed roads. The hard-nosed, intelligent population of 25.563 billion The Derrak Quadrantians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Religion & Spirituality, Education, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sartinaynian. The average income tax rate is 35%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry.
The Derrak Quadrant is increasingly belligerent on the international stage, internet service is too costly for normal people to purchase, abortions are carried out secretly in shady backstreet clinics, and the government is seen to favor Catholics. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is a major problem. The Derrak Quadrant's national animal is the Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, its national religion is Catholicism, and its currency is the Quadrant.
Most Recent Government Activity: 11 hours ago
- 11 hours ago: The Derrak Quadrant voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Foreign Patent Recognition".
- 2 days 10 hours ago: The Derrak Quadrant was endorsed by The Republic of Chungking.
- 5 days ago: The Derrak Quadrant was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry (last census: Top 10%).
- 16 days ago: The Derrak Quadrant approved the World Assembly proposal "Liberate Islam".
- 16 days ago: The Derrak Quadrant voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate The Mountains to the East".
- 16 days ago: The Derrak Quadrant agreed to construct embassies between Asia and United Iran.
- 16 days ago: The Derrak Quadrant agreed to construct embassies between Asia and Nations Under the Rador.
- 16 days ago: The Derrak Quadrant approved the World Assembly proposal "Condemn Lazarus".
- 16 days ago: The Derrak Quadrant approved the World Assembly proposal "Condemn General Halcones".
- 20 days ago: The Derrak Quadrant was endorsed by The Federation of Masaco.