“Lasto beth nīn, tolo dan na ngalad”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Superpower
The Grand Duchy of The Derrak Quadrant is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by Demerzel with a fair hand, and renowned for its happy-go-lucky citizens. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 25.046 billion The Derrak Quadrantians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Religion & Spirituality, Education, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sartinaynian. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 27%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry.
The Derrak Quadrant is increasingly belligerent on the international stage, internet service is too costly for normal people to purchase, abortions are carried out secretly in shady backstreet clinics, and the government is seen to favor Catholics. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is a major problem. The Derrak Quadrant's national animal is the Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, its national religion is Catholicism, and its currency is the Quadrant.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 hours ago
- 18 hours ago: The Derrak Quadrant was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Rudest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 2 days ago: The Derrak Quadrant agreed to construct embassies between Asia and Iraq.
- 2 days ago: The Derrak Quadrant voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Panem"".
- 2 days 18 hours ago: The Derrak Quadrant was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Trout Fishing Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 5 days ago: The Derrak Quadrant suppressed a post on the Asia regional message board.
- 6 days ago: The Derrak Quadrant ejected and banned The Colony of Mditapciremfean from Asia.
- 8 days ago: The Derrak Quadrant was endorsed by The Kingdom of Spices.
- 9 days ago: The Derrak Quadrant ejected and banned The Jingoistic States of Gurulet from Asia.
- 9 days ago: The Derrak Quadrant ejected and banned The Rogue Nation of Falarica XXVIII from Asia.
- 9 days ago: The Derrak Quadrant ejected and banned The Protectorate of Kecotopia from Asia.