The Grand Duchy of The Derrak Quadrant is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Demerzel with a fair hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, strictly enforced bedtime, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 29.223 billion The Derrak Quadrantians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The minute, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is primarily concerned with Spirituality, with Education and Defense also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Administration are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sartinaynian. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient The Derrak Quadrantian economy, worth a remarkable 8,982 trillion Quadrants a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Retail. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 307,389 Quadrants, with the richest citizens earning 5.2 times as much as the poorest.
Carrots are orange, apples are red and food waste is increasing, elections are won by the candidate who makes the best 'yo mama' jokes, the military recognizes no difference between male and female soldiers, and the colors pink and purple are banned from military unit insignia. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. The Derrak Quadrant's national animal is the Eagle, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Derrak Quadrant was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- : The Derrak Quadrant was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Devout.
- : The Derrak Quadrant was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Trout Fishing Sector and the Top 5% for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.
- : The Derrak Quadrant voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Nuclear Arms Protocol"".
- : The Derrak Quadrant voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate The Place that has No Big Banks".
- : The Derrak Quadrant approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Nuclear Arms Protocol"".
- : The Derrak Quadrant agreed to construct embassies between Asia and The Galactic Federacy.
- : The Derrak Quadrant agreed to construct embassies between Asia and Atlantic Pacific Partnership.
- : The Derrak Quadrant voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Digital Network Defense".
- : The Derrak Quadrant voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Preventing Animal Abuse"".