“Lasto beth nīn, tolo dan na ngalad”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Superpower
The Grand Duchy of The Derrak Quadrant is a gargantuan, devout nation, ruled by Demerzel with a fair hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 24.982 billion The Derrak Quadrantians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Religion & Spirituality, Education, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sartinaynian. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 27%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry.
The Derrak Quadrant is increasingly belligerent on the international stage, internet service is too costly for normal people to purchase, abortions are carried out secretly in shady backstreet clinics, and the government is seen to favor Catholics. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is a major problem. The Derrak Quadrant's national animal is the Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, its national religion is Catholicism, and its currency is the Quadrant.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 21 hours ago
- 4 days ago: The Derrak Quadrant ejected and banned The Koponian Republic of Chinese Puritans from Asia.
- 4 days ago: The Derrak Quadrant voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Coalition Of Freedom".
- 4 days ago: The Derrak Quadrant voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Leaded Fuel".
- 4 days ago: The Derrak Quadrant endorsed The Grand Duchy of PT Sebytania.
- 4 days ago: The Derrak Quadrant ejected and banned The Empire of Silence Informant from Asia.
- 4 days ago: The Derrak Quadrant ejected and banned The Republic of Vickedonia from Asia.
- 6 days ago: The Derrak Quadrant was endorsed by The Grand Duchy of PT Sebytania.
- 7 days ago: The Derrak Quadrant approved the World Assembly proposal "Ban on Leaded Fuel".
- 7 days ago: The Derrak Quadrant approved the World Assembly proposal "Liberate Coalition Of Freedom".
- 9 days ago: The Derrak Quadrant was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Manufacturing Sector (last census: Top 10%).