“Lasto beth nīn, tolo dan na ngalad”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Power
The Grand Duchy of The Derrak Quadrant is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Demerzel with a fair hand, and notable for its happy-go-lucky citizens. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 23.481 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Religion & Spirituality, Education, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sartinaynian. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 18%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry.
The Derrak Quadrant is increasingly belligerent on the international stage, internet service is too costly for normal people to purchase, abortions are carried out secretly in shady backstreet clinics, and the government is seen to favor Catholics. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is pervasive. The Derrak Quadrant's national animal is the Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Catholicism, and its currency is the Quadrant.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 hours ago
- 9 hours ago: The Derrak Quadrant voted for the World Assembly Resolution "On Network Neutrality".
- 14 hours ago: The Derrak Quadrant was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Rudest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 1 day 3 hours ago: The Derrak Quadrant approved the World Assembly proposal "Pollution Control Act".
- 2 days 22 hours ago: The Derrak Quadrant voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate NAZI EUROPE"".
- 3 days 21 hours ago: The Derrak Quadrant approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Dignified End of Life Choices"".
- 4 days ago: The Derrak Quadrant approved the World Assembly proposal "Nuclear Security Convention".
- 4 days ago: The Derrak Quadrant voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Right to Adequate Shelter".
- 5 days ago: The Derrak Quadrant agreed to construct embassies between Asia and Asiana.
- 5 days ago: The Derrak Quadrant agreed to construct embassies between Asia and Federation of Herbshire.
- 7 days ago: The Derrak Quadrant voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Cultural Heritage Protection"".