The Grand Duchy of The Derrak Quadrant is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Demerzel with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, public floggings, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 27.452 billion The Derrak Quadrantians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The minute, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is dominated by the Department of Spirituality, although Education is also considered important, while Social Policy and Administration aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sartinaynian. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient The Derrak Quadrantian economy, worth a remarkable 8,072 trillion Quadrants a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Uranium Mining. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 294,042 Quadrants, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.2 times as much as the poorest.
Internet service is too costly for normal people to purchase, abortions are carried out secretly in shady backstreet clinics, the government is seen to favor Catholics, and students who refuse to pray are expelled from school. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. The Derrak Quadrant's national animal is the Eagle, which can occasionally be seen dodging aircraft in the nation's cities, and its national religion is Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Derrak Quadrant approved the World Assembly proposal "Commend Bitely".
- : The Derrak Quadrant approved the World Assembly proposal "Foreign Patent Recognition".
- : The Derrak Quadrant agreed to construct embassies between Asia and Crooked Mountain.
- : The Derrak Quadrant agreed to construct embassies between Asia and Turkic Union.
- : The Derrak Quadrant was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of New Koryo.
- : The Derrak Quadrant voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Researching Unique Ecosystems".
- : The Derrak Quadrant agreed to construct embassies between Asia and The Socialist States of the Philippines.
- : The Derrak Quadrant agreed to construct embassies between Asia and Iron Fist Union.
- : The Derrak Quadrant voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The World Assembly".
- : The Derrak Quadrant approved the World Assembly proposal "Researching Unique Ecosystems".
Endorsements Received: 21 » Qudrath, Paripana Sporting Council, Chostea, Rinoan, Laburia, Shang-Si, PT Cielonia, 3rd Country, Wulaishen, Czechoslorekia, Fiercewood, Wooosaa, Dtin, Comansoeijs, Kurtish, Icardi-Rivero, Hanguk, Imbur, Silkjd, East Kyrat, and New Koryo.