“Lasto beth nīn, tolo dan na ngalad”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Superpower
The Grand Duchy of The Derrak Quadrant is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by Demerzel with a fair hand, and renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 25.931 billion The Derrak Quadrantians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The minute, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is dominated by the Department of Spirituality, with Education also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Administration aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sartinaynian. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient The Derrak Quadrantian economy, worth a remarkable 7,676 trillion Quadrants a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 296,030 Quadrants, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.3 times as much as the poorest.
The Derrak Quadrant is increasingly belligerent on the international stage, internet service is too costly for normal people to purchase, abortions are carried out secretly in shady backstreet clinics, and the government is seen to favor Catholics. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. The Derrak Quadrant's national animal is the Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 117 minutes ago
- 5 hours ago: The Derrak Quadrant agreed to construct embassies between Asia and World Federation States.
- 1 day 1 hour ago: The Derrak Quadrant approved the World Assembly proposal "On Universal Jurisdiction".
- 1 day 18 hours ago: The Derrak Quadrant voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Westwind".
- 1 day 18 hours ago: The Derrak Quadrant voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Marine Debris Accord"".
- 3 days 5 hours ago: The Derrak Quadrant approved the World Assembly proposal "Commend Westwind".
- 3 days 10 hours ago: The Derrak Quadrant was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Free (last census: Top 5%).
- 4 days ago: The Derrak Quadrant agreed to construct embassies between Asia and Constellations United.
- 6 days ago: The Derrak Quadrant voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Disabled Voters Act".
- 6 days ago: The Derrak Quadrant was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Avoided (last census: Top 10%).
- 6 days ago: The Derrak Quadrant was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Avoided.