|Category: Compulsory Consumerist State|
Regional Influence: Negotiator
Location: The Nation of Nations and Friends
The Chamber Militant of The Deathwatch is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Lord Inquisitor with an iron fist, and renowned for its punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 5.894 billion The Deathwatchians are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, pro-business government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Defence, although Law & Order and Commerce are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Holy Terra. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 68%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Uranium Mining and Information Technology.
More and more students are taking up a career in medicine, eight year-olds with lemonade stands have been known to be locked up on charges of embezzlement, young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables, and fur coats have become the latest fashion trend. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is relatively low, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. The Deathwatch's national animal is the Ogryn, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is The Imperial Creed, and its currency is the credit.
Most Recent Government Activity: 17 days ago
- 1 day 7 hours ago: The Deathwatch fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- 4 days ago: The Deathwatch fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Insurance Industry.
- 10 days ago: The Deathwatch fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 11 days ago: The Deathwatch fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Gambling Industry.
- 16 days ago: The Deathwatch fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Corrupt Governments.
- 17 days ago: The Deathwatch fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Defense Forces.
- 18 days ago: The Deathwatch's influence in The Nation of Nations and Friends rose from "Auxiliary" to "Negotiator".
- 19 days ago: The Deathwatch lodged a message on the The Nation of Nations and Friends Regional Message Board.
- 19 days ago: The Deathwatch was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Extreme (last census: Top 5%).
- 21 days ago: The Deathwatch's influence in The Nation of Nations and Friends fell from "Negotiator" to "Auxiliary".