“East Pacific and Proud.... All Hail Leader”
|Category: Corporate Police State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The East Pacific
The Armed Republic of The Cults Children is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Harvey with an iron fist, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 11.999 billion are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, pro-business government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Scortopia. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 92%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Uranium Mining industry, followed by Arms Manufacturing and Woodchip Exports.
Corporate 'hostile takeovers' now involve ICBMs and main battle tanks, only the rich can afford the latest medical innovations, locally produced computer games are being released faster than gamers can play them, and children spout "East Pacific and Proud.... All Hail Leader" involuntarily throughout the day. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. The Cults Children's national animal is the Crow, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Orthodox Cultism, and its currency is the Credit.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 hours ago
- 110 minutes ago: Following new legislation in The Cults Children, children spout "East Pacific and Proud.... All Hail Leader" involuntarily throughout the day.
- 110 minutes ago: Following new legislation in The Cults Children, locally produced computer games are being released faster than gamers can play them.
- 9 hours ago: The Cults Children endorsed The Republic of Brotherland.
- 9 hours ago: The Cults Children endorsed The Commonwealth of Roissyland.
- 9 hours ago: The Cults Children endorsed The Last of Hobbesistan.
- 3 days 10 hours ago: The Cults Children was endorsed by The Republic of Brotherland.
- 5 days ago: The Cults Children was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Roissyland.
- 9 days ago: The Cults Children was endorsed by The Last of Hobbesistan.
- 14 days ago: The Cults Children was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced (last census: Top 1%).
- 21 days ago: Following new legislation in The Cults Children, only the rich can afford the latest medical innovations.
Endorsements Received: 34 » Todd McCloud, Blazing Samaritan, Trimmania, Reziel, Goodnamesarerare, Kaigi, The Romanum Legio, Lyontisia, Freedom Fascists, Eruopia, Kangarawa, East Malaysia, MikGonnia, A Slanted Black Stripe, A mean old man, Ragnaria, Kingberg, Mundiferrum, Ramaeus, British Grand Pacific, Bachtendekuppen, The Shadow Brotherhood, Earth Imperium, Amselheim, Beckveria, Great Jenstonia, Molzavar, United industrial, Camotes, United Amerasian Confederacy, GARRETTLANDIA, Hobbesistan, Roissyland, and Brotherland.