“With strange aeons even death may die.”
Regional Influence: Hermit
Location: The Mictlan System
The Great Civilization of The Ctan is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by its people with an even hand, and notable for its complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 25.18 billion Ctani enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The enormous government devotes most of its attentions to Defence, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and the Environment receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tephet-Sheta. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 3%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Uranium Mining industry, followed by Book Publishing and Information Technology.
Truth is often impossible to tell from fiction on the evening news, all major public areas are watched by police surveillance cameras, Tephet-Sheta is a police state during international summits, and the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Ctan's national animal is the Raven, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its currency is the Credit.
Most Recent Government Activity: 75 minutes ago
- 1 day 18 hours ago: The Ctan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden (last census: Top 10%).
- 3 days 7 hours ago: The Ctan's influence in The Mictlan System rose from "Hegemony" to "Hermit".
- 12 days ago: The Ctan granted posting privileges on the The Mictlan System Message Board to Delegates and Founders of embassy regions.
- 12 days ago: The Ctan granted posting privileges on the The Mictlan System Message Board to nations in embassy regions.
- 12 days ago: The Ctan proposed constructing embassies between The Mictlan System and The Land of Power.
- 14 days ago: The Ctan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector (last census: Top 1%).
- 15 days ago: The Ctan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector (last census: Top 1%).
- 19 days ago: The Ctan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced (last census: Top 1%).
- 26 days ago: The Ctan changed its national demonym to "Ctani", its demonym adjective to "Ctanian", and its demonym plural to "Ctani".
- 27 days ago: Following new legislation in The Ctan, the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion.