“Tri na cheile a Thogtar na Caisleain”
|Category: Corporate Bordello|
Regional Influence: Vassal
The Constitutional Grand Duchy of The City-State of Vienna is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Duke Ferdinand XVII with a fair hand, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 4.434 billion are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Commerce, Law & Order, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vienna. The average income tax rate is 47%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Soda Sales, Tourism, and Information Technology industries.
All telephone traffic is monitored for 'national security reasons', retail stores offer sales every hour on the hour, the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion, and thousands of former welfare recipients are in a revolutionary uproar as the rest of society is enjoying a hefty tax break. Crime is moderate, probably because of the country's utter lack of prisons. The City-State of Vienna's national animal is the Cottontail, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Catholicism, and its currency is the Viennan Mark.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 hours ago
- 1 day 22 hours ago: The City-State of Vienna fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Retail Industry.
- 3 days 19 hours ago: The City-State of Vienna voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Cultural Heritage Protection"".
- 4 days ago: The City-State of Vienna was endorsed by The Freeland of Ancient Dacia.
- 5 days ago: The City-State of Vienna voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend The Bruce".
- 7 days ago: The City-State of Vienna voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Renewable Energy Installations"".
- 10 days ago: The City-State of Vienna voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Internet Net Neutrality Act"".
- 12 days ago: The City-State of Vienna was endorsed by The Free Buffet of Nukls-Andwicz.
- 13 days ago: The City-State of Vienna endorsed The Free Buffet of Nukls-Andwicz.
- 13 days ago: The City-State of Vienna endorsed The Neostate of Avarea.
- 13 days ago: The City-State of Vienna voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn Macedon"".
Endorsements Received: 93 » Jenesia, Alsted, Nou Occitania, Voxum Mortalum, Eurosceptic Citizens, Ascara, Saconian, Malacovia, Dauershire, Venetoland, Kureimoa, Stromia, Tigyland, Lexembourg, Hamstery, Puerto Thelosia, Short shorts, Multatuli, Beauvoir, Mameluco, Chiolena, Drenetharada, Kroinengin, Toongoosia, The Kingdom of Germania, Fenian Provinces, Marmiedon, The Seven Provinces, Sybaritic Socialists, Paxderius, Mushrenia, Echo von Cotta, Indulgence and Ecstasy, Pileusia, Ivernia, Silberia, Capricania, Kaiserusse, Shadeius, Sahrath, Keris, Nova Prutenia, New France of Silvius Bonaparte, Grasaland, The Northern Scottish Isles, Marmotien, Dervistan, Amors Baller, Carswellia, Norway and Iceland, and 43 others.Albertinum, Isolationist countries, Blue Pig, Vest Franksland, Science-Oriented Scots, The Roman Alliance, Viertes German Reich, Franco-Korean Empire, Soviet Shlyapy, Veeten Engines, Gr4nd3nia, Imadistan, Nuweland, North-Western Russia, Jon4de85, The Neural Zone Armed Fraktion, Linkisheer, Valrem, Glatonia, Greater Konigsberg, Artotzka, Elborg, Prussia Bavaria Saxony and Wurttemberg, The P, The Fair Republic, New Brussland, Outer Prussia, Bylantia, Strajalands, Puteren, Monte Caora, Foucaults garden, Ravenstein, Pesaro and Urbino, Domanouq, Bering, Jovan Balac, Austerene, Kingdom of Automobility, Kroazia, Novo Portugal, Nukls-Andwicz, and Ancient Dacia.