The Federal People's Republic of The Celtic Islets is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by President Séamus Ó hEaghra with a fair hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service, sprawling nuclear power plants, and daily referendums. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 14.724 billion Celts enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ebláine. The average income tax rate is 93.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Celtic economy, worth a remarkable 1,432 trillion Celtic dollars a year, is driven entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 97,304 Celtic dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.8 times as much as the poorest.
Citizens are expected to be proficient in at least five languages, children as young as six shock their parents by coming out of the closet, a cyber-war between file sharers and the music industry formats hard drives across the country, and door-to-door salesmen are frequently beaten up by 'vigilantes'. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Celtic Islets's national animal is the stag, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 days ago
- 23 hours ago: The Celtic Islets's influence in Democratic Socialist Assembly rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- 3 days 20 hours ago: The Celtic Islets was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: Top 10%).
- 11 days ago: The Celtic Islets was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Public Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 14 days ago: The Celtic Islets was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 5%).
- 16 days ago: The Celtic Islets was endorsed by The Socialist Commonwealth of Suceavija.
- 17 days ago: The Celtic Islets fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 24 days ago: The Celtic Islets was endorsed by The Federation of United Gojoseon.
- 30 days ago: The Celtic Islets was endorsed by The Althing of Ratateague.
- 37 days ago: The Celtic Islets's influence in Democratic Socialist Assembly fell from "Duckspeaker" to "Handshaker".
- 48 days ago: The Celtic Islets was endorsed by The union of mexican states.
Endorsements Received: 16 » Altruistic Paladins, Haltari, Gervase, Xeno II, Bananaistan, Nalsolia, Dundee Derry, The Huskar Social Union, Guertonia, Corujea, Bmoneypad, Czechostan, Absuurdistan, Ratateague, United Gojoseon, and Suceavija.