“A lucht oibre an domhain, aontaigh!”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
Location: Democratic Socialist Assembly
The Federal People's Republic of The Celtic Islets is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by President Séamus Ó hEaghra with a fair hand, and notable for its hatred of cheese. The compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 13.699 billion Celts enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ebláine. The average income tax rate is 97%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Major cities shut down as their local sports team takes to the field every day, the government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one, scenic mountain valleys are flooded with water as damming projects get underway, and stags are considered a delicacy. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Celtic Islets's national animal is the stag, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Celtic dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 17 hours ago
- 12 hours ago: The Celtic Islets was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare (last census: Top 10%).
- 4 days ago: The Celtic Islets endorsed The People's Republic of Wadihala.
- 7 days ago: The Celtic Islets was endorsed by The People's Republic of Wadihala.
- 13 days ago: The Celtic Islets fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Developed.
- 13 days ago: The Celtic Islets endorsed The Suceavijan Simulacrum of Ratateague.
- 16 days ago: The Celtic Islets was endorsed by The Suceavijan Simulacrum of Ratateague.
- 18 days ago: The Celtic Islets was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare (last census: Top 5%).
- 22 days ago: The Celtic Islets endorsed The United Socialist States of Nickiopia.
- 22 days ago: The Celtic Islets endorsed The Social Democracy of Bmoneypad.
- 22 days ago: The Celtic Islets endorsed The Commonwealth of The Progressive-Socialist Alliance.
Endorsements Received: 22 » Altruistic Paladins, Haltari, Gervase, Xeno II, Bananaistan, Cuillin, Very New Zealand, Nalsolia, Dundee Derry, Solent, The Huskar Social Union, Farassia, Estaval, Brituarion, Suceavija, LibGil, Guertonia, Corujea, Bmoneypad, The Progressive-Socialist Alliance, Nickiopia, and Wadihala.