The Federal People's Republic of The Celtic Islets is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by President Séamus Ó hEaghra with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, national health service, and anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 15.221 billion Celts enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ebláine. The average income tax rate is 93.7%.
The all-consuming Celtic economy, worth a remarkable 1,484 trillion déanáirs a year, is driven entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 97,536 déanáirs, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.8 times as much as the poorest.
A cyber-war between file sharers and the music industry formats hard drives across the country, door-to-door salesmen are frequently beaten up by 'vigilantes', protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations, and mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Celtic Islets's national animal is the stag, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 days ago
- 5 days ago: The Celtic Islets endorsed The Republic of New Pridnestrovie.
- 5 days ago: The Celtic Islets endorsed The Commonwealth of The Blackwood Union.
- 5 days ago: The Celtic Islets endorsed The United Socialist States of Lenavo.
- 7 days ago: The Celtic Islets was endorsed by The Commonwealth of The Blackwood Union.
- 7 days ago: The Celtic Islets was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Lenavo.
- 8 days ago: The Celtic Islets was endorsed by The Republic of New Pridnestrovie.
- 14 days ago: The Celtic Islets was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- 25 days ago: The Celtic Islets was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides (last census: Top 10%).
- 30 days ago: The Celtic Islets was endorsed by Transnistria-pmr.
- 43 days ago: Following new legislation in The Celtic Islets, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field.
Endorsements Received: 19 » Altruistic Paladins, Haltari, Gervase, Xeno II, Bananaistan, Nalsolia, Dundee Derry, The Huskar Social Union, Guertonia, Corujea, Bmoneypad, Czechostan, Absuurdistan, United Gojoseon, Suceavija, Mettia, Gallifrax, Lenavo, and The Blackwood Union.