“Oibrithe an domhain, aontaigh!”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
Location: Democratic Socialist Assembly
The Federal People's Republic of The Celtic Islets is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by President Séamus Ó hEaghra with a fair hand, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 13.144 billion Celts enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ebláine. The average income tax rate is 96%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Major cities shut down as their local sports team takes to the field every day, the government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one, scenic mountain valleys are flooded with water as damming projects get underway, and stags are considered a delicacy. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Celtic Islets's national animal is the stag, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Celtic dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 days ago
- 5 days ago: The Celtic Islets was endorsed by The Nomadic Peoples of Jonaheviathan.
- 5 days ago: The Celtic Islets was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: Top 5%).
- 8 days ago: The Celtic Islets was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Influential (last census: Top 10%).
- 17 days ago: Following new legislation in The Celtic Islets, stags are considered a delicacy.
- 20 days ago: The Celtic Islets was endorsed by The Communal Territories of The Huskar Social Union.
- 20 days ago: The Celtic Islets endorsed The Federation of The Union of Leftist Republics.
- 20 days ago: Following new legislation in The Celtic Islets, scenic mountain valleys are flooded with water as damming projects get underway.
- 20 days ago: The Celtic Islets was endorsed by The Federation of The Union of Leftist Republics.
- 23 days ago: The Celtic Islets endorsed The Communal Territories of The Huskar Social Union.
- 23 days ago: The Celtic Islets endorsed The United Socialist States of The WA Delegate of Ritchardville II.
Endorsements Received: 19 » Altruistic Paladins, Haltari, Gervase, Egalitarian Calcova, Xeno II, Bananaistan, Cuillin, Very New Zealand, Ratateague, Verince, Nalsolia, Onirianc, Dundee Derry, Go West, Solent, Terlibe, The WA Delegate of Ritchardville II, Bestand, and The Huskar Social Union.