The Federal People's Republic of The Celtic Islets is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by President Séamus Ó hEaghra with a fair hand, and remarkable for its complete lack of prisons, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 16.527 billion Celts hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ebláine. The average income tax rate is 93.8%.
The all-consuming Celtic economy, worth a remarkable 1,629 trillion déanáirs a year, is driven entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 98,572 déanáirs, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.2 times as much as the poorest.
A cyber-war between file sharers and the music industry formats hard drives across the country, door-to-door salesmen are frequently beaten up by 'vigilantes', protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations, and mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Celtic Islets's national animal is the stag, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Celtic Islets endorsed The Protectorate of Bananaly.
- : The Celtic Islets was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- : The Celtic Islets was endorsed by The Protectorate of Bananaly.
- : The Celtic Islets was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Police Ratios (last census: Top 10%).
- : The Celtic Islets was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- : The Celtic Islets's influence in Democratic Socialist Assembly rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- : The Celtic Islets's influence in Democratic Socialist Assembly fell from "Duckspeaker" to "Handshaker".
- : The Celtic Islets endorsed The SocialDemocratic Theocracy of Olofbauden.
- : The Celtic Islets endorsed The Representation of Herrebrugh to the World Assembly.
- : The Celtic Islets was struck by a Cure Missile from The Republican democracy of Socialist Assembly Marxists, curing 54 million infected.
Endorsements Received: 16 » Altruistic Paladins, Haltari, Gervase, Xeno II, Nalsolia, Dundee Derry, The Huskar Social Union, Guertonia, Corujea, Suceavija, Mettia, Gallifrax, Gylippus, Olofbauden, Herrebrugh to the World Assembly, and Bananaly.