The Federal People's Republic of The Celtic Islets is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by President Séamus Ó hEaghra with a fair hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service, complete lack of prisons, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 15.393 billion Celts enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ebláine. The average income tax rate is 93.1%.
The all-consuming Celtic economy, worth a remarkable 1,501 trillion déanáirs a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 97,575 déanáirs, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.8 times as much as the poorest.
A cyber-war between file sharers and the music industry formats hard drives across the country, door-to-door salesmen are frequently beaten up by 'vigilantes', protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations, and mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Celtic Islets's national animal is the stag, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Celtic Islets's influence in Democratic Socialist Assembly rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- : The Celtic Islets voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "World Space Administration"".
- : The Celtic Islets endorsed The Y'allthing of Ratateague.
- : The Celtic Islets voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protection of Sapient Rights".
- : The Celtic Islets was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates (last census: Top 5%).
- : The Celtic Islets's influence in Democratic Socialist Assembly fell from "Duckspeaker" to "Handshaker".
- : The Celtic Islets was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Pro-Market (last census: Top 5%).
- : The Celtic Islets endorsed New pridnestrovie.
- : The Celtic Islets endorsed The Commonwealth of The Blackwood Union.
- : The Celtic Islets endorsed The United Socialist States of Lenavo.
Endorsements Received: 19 » Altruistic Paladins, Haltari, Gervase, Xeno II, Bananaistan, Nalsolia, Dundee Derry, The Huskar Social Union, Guertonia, Corujea, Bmoneypad, Czechostan, Absuurdistan, United Gojoseon, Suceavija, Mettia, Gallifrax, Lenavo, and The Blackwood Union.