“A lucht oibre an domhain, aontaigh!”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
Location: Democratic Socialist Assembly
The Federal People's Republic of The Celtic Islets is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by President Séamus Ó hEaghra with a fair hand, and notable for its anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 13.428 billion Celts enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ebláine. The average income tax rate is 96%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Major cities shut down as their local sports team takes to the field every day, the government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one, scenic mountain valleys are flooded with water as damming projects get underway, and stags are considered a delicacy. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Celtic Islets's national animal is the stag, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Celtic dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 13 hours ago
- 1 day 13 hours ago: The Celtic Islets was endorsed by The United Socialist States of LibGil.
- 4 days ago: The Celtic Islets was endorsed by The Socialist Commonwealth of Suceavija.
- 5 days ago: The Celtic Islets endorsed The Socialist Commonwealth of Suceavija.
- 8 days ago: The Celtic Islets was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Brituarion.
- 10 days ago: The Celtic Islets endorsed The Federal Republic of Estaval.
- 12 days ago: The Celtic Islets was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Safest (last census: Top 5%).
- 14 days ago: The Celtic Islets was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Estaval.
- 23 days ago: The Celtic Islets changed its national motto to "A lucht oibre an domhain, aontaigh!".
- 26 days ago: The Celtic Islets endorsed The People's Republic of Farassia.
- 31 days ago: The Celtic Islets was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
Endorsements Received: 21 » Altruistic Paladins, Haltari, Gervase, Egalitarian Calcova, Xeno II, Bananaistan, Cuillin, Very New Zealand, Ratateague, Verince, Nalsolia, Dundee Derry, Solent, The WA Delegate of Ritchardville II, Bestand, The Huskar Social Union, Farassia, Estaval, Brituarion, Suceavija, and LibGil.