“Ab uno disce omnes”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Truckler
Location: International Northern Union
The Empire of The Celestial Lands is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Nikko Mayzuka with an even hand, and renowned for its complete lack of prisons. The compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 7.399 billion Celestians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Defence, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Universal City. The average income tax rate is 75%. A large private sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry.
Anyone who so much as frowns is referred to a mental health unit, the "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Universal City Times is sold out, organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region, and retirement homes are filled with foreign war criminals. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Celestial Lands's national animal is the Arceus, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Lunacy, and its currency is the Bitcoin.
Most Recent Government Activity: 22 hours ago
- 14 hours ago: The Celestial Lands was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- 1 day 14 hours ago: The Celestial Lands fell out of the regional Top 10% for Best Weather.
- 2 days 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in The Celestial Lands, retirement homes are filled with foreign war criminals.
- 2 days 14 hours ago: The Celestial Lands fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 2 days 18 hours ago: The Celestial Lands voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend McMasterdonia".
- 3 days 18 hours ago: The Celestial Lands voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Child Pornography Ban".
- 6 days ago: The Celestial Lands voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Capitalist Paradise".
- 7 days ago: The Celestial Lands voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Legal Competence".
- 7 days ago: The Celestial Lands endorsed The Federation of Qazaqua.
- 8 days ago: The Celestial Lands was endorsed by The Federation of Qazaqua.