“Ab uno disce omnes”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Truckler
Location: International Northwestern Union
The Empire of The Celestial Lands is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Nikko Mayzuka with an even hand, and notable for its anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 8.113 billion Celestians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Defence, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Universal City. The average income tax rate is 73%. A small but healthy private sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry.
Third party candidates are now gaining some representation in Parliament, the government has cut taxes in the face of widespread tax evasion, foreign 'investors' have been taking a great interest in the new secret shuttle, and visitors to the famed rainforests are instead taken to vast furniture factories. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Celestial Lands's national animal is the Arceus, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Lunacy, and its currency is the Bitcoin.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 20 hours ago
- 2 days 10 hours ago: The Celestial Lands fell out of the world Top 10% for Nicest Citizens.
- 2 days 20 hours ago: The Celestial Lands voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend Luna Amore"".
- 8 days ago: The Celestial Lands voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Lazarus".
- 8 days ago: The Celestial Lands endorsed The Constitutional Monarchy of Mammo.
- 8 days ago: The Celestial Lands was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Mammo.
- 10 days ago: The Celestial Lands endorsed The Federal Republic of Nova Analestiana.
- 12 days ago: The Celestial Lands was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Nova Analestiana.
- 19 days ago: The Celestial Lands endorsed The Free and Loving Lands of Tantricia.
- 19 days ago: The Celestial Lands voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Liberal Haven"".
- 22 days ago: The Celestial Lands was struck by a Cure Missile from The Free and Loving Lands of Tantricia, curing 1 million infected.
Endorsements Received: 21 » Crumstain, New Educandi, GROSS Independency, Othelos, Lolder, El Fiji Grande, East Ibsenia, Albiorix, SSV Normandy SR-2, Greater New Poland, Atlantica, Topsail Empire, Hockesin, Durdastan, Skandernaven, Luso, Estradia, The Sotoan Union, Gossameringue, Nova Analestiana, and Mammo.