The Government of The Celestial Lands is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Channing Vanderbilt with an even hand, and renowned for its frequent executions, anti-smoking policies, and daily referendums. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 11.784 billion Celestians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Defense, Environment, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Universal City. The average income tax rate is 78.5%.
The strong Celestian economy, worth 666 trillion Bitcoins a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is 56,548 Bitcoins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.6 times as much as the poorest.
CDs are regularly copy-protected, residents of newly dried out bays live in fear of leaky dikes, badminton was recently banned due to 'unacceptable violence' inherent to the game, and the 'kind of scrawny' 500 meter hurdle is a popular event. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Celestial Lands's national animal is the Arceus, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Lunacy.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Celestial Lands was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : The Celestial Lands voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Humanitarian Aid Expansion Act".
- : The Celestial Lands voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Utopia"".
- : The Celestial Lands was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement.
- : The Celestial Lands was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations and Longest Average Lifespans and the Top 10% for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : The Celestial Lands voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate California".
- : The Celestial Lands voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Preventing Animal Abuse"".
- : The Celestial Lands was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Left-Leaning College State".
- : The Celestial Lands was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : The Celestial Lands voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Toxic Heavy Metals Act".
Endorsements Received: None.