The Government of The Celestial Lands is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Channing Vanderbilt with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, complete lack of prisons, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic population of 9.442 billion Celestians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Environment, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Universal City. The average income tax rate is 76.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Celestian economy, worth 475 trillion Bitcoins a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 50,376 Bitcoins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
CDs are regularly copy-protected, residents of newly dried out bays live in fear of leaky dikes, badminton was recently banned due to 'unacceptable violence' inherent to the game, and the 'kind of scrawny' 500 meter hurdle is a popular event. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Celestial Lands's national animal is the Arceus, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Lunacy.
The Celestial Lands is ranked 1st in The Celestial Lands and 40,221st in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring 95 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity: 12 days ago
- 21 days ago: The Celestial Lands was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- 21 days ago: The Celestial Lands voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn The Black Riders"".
- 21 days ago: The Celestial Lands voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Humanitarian Transport"".
- 77 days ago: The Celestial Lands was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: Top 10%).
- 77 days ago: The Celestial Lands voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Stujenske".
- 91 days ago: The Celestial Lands fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 96 days ago: The Celestial Lands was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nicest Citizens.
- 104 days ago: The Celestial Lands voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Infectious Disease Control".
- 104 days ago: The Celestial Lands fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Influential.
- 112 days ago: The Celestial Lands voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Nuclear Material Pact".
Endorsements Received: None.