The Rickenbacker Jangliness of The Byrds is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by music with a fair hand, and notable for its anti-smoking policies, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 20.306 billion Byrdsians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Fifth Dimension. The income tax rate is 100%.
The enormous but underdeveloped Byrdsian economy, worth a remarkable 1,565 trillion serviles a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. State-owned companies are the norm. Average income is 77,088 serviles, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
A well-funded social safety net protects the unfortunate, the fire protection service is wholly government-funded, anyone who so much as frowns is referred to a mental health unit, and pharmacies close down as medicinal drugs are sold freely by the government. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Byrds's national animal is the conservative, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Byrds was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Best Weather.
- : The Byrds was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : The Byrds's influence in Lazarus rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : The Byrds's influence in Lazarus rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : The Byrds was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments and the Top 10% for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : The Byrds was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Best Weather and Smartest Citizens and the Top 5% for Most Secular, Most Advanced Public Transport, and Most Inclusive.
- : The Byrds's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : The Byrds's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : The Byrds was refounded in Lazarus.
- : The Byrds ceased to exist.