The Rickenbacker Jangliness of The Byrds is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by music with a fair hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, keen interest in outer space, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 16.538 billion The Byrdsians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded, outspoken government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Fifth Dimension. The income tax rate is 100%.
The large but stagnant The Byrdsian economy, worth 190 trillion serviles a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. State-owned companies are the norm. Average income is 11,501 serviles, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
A well-funded social safety net protects the unfortunate, the fire protection service is wholly government-funded, anyone who so much as frowns is referred to a mental health unit, and pharmacies close down as medicinal drugs are sold freely by the government. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Byrds's national animal is the conservative, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 14 hours ago
- 18 hours ago: The Byrds was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- 1 day 17 hours ago: The Byrds was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Healthiest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 7 days ago: The Byrds was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 14 days ago: The Byrds was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 14 days ago: The Byrds was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 16 days ago: The Byrds was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Godforsaken (last census: Top 5%).
- 16 days ago: The Byrds fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Godforsaken.
- 20 days ago: The Byrds was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- 21 days ago: The Byrds voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Defense of Self and Others"".
- 24 days ago: Following new legislation in The Byrds, pharmacies close down as medicinal drugs are sold freely by the government.
Endorsements Received: 13 » Avaerilon, Mare Nectaris, New Differentia, Kanoria, United Democracy of Scientists, Anaaxes, Farmere, Halstein, Vancovaria, The Free Domains, Isla de la Gatos, Northern Inertia, and Ugartschin.