The Rickenbacker Jangliness of The Byrds is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by music with a fair hand, and renowned for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, daily referendums, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 17.616 billion Byrdsians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded, outspoken government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Fifth Dimension. The income tax rate is 100%.
The large but stagnant Byrdsian economy, worth 203 trillion serviles a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. State-owned companies are the norm. Average income is 11,532 serviles, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
A well-funded social safety net protects the unfortunate, the fire protection service is wholly government-funded, anyone who so much as frowns is referred to a mental health unit, and pharmacies close down as medicinal drugs are sold freely by the government. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Byrds's national animal is the conservative, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Byrds was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Extreme (last census: Top 10%).
- : The Byrds was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Free (last census: Top 5%).
- : The Byrds was endorsed by The Community of Scorlewald.
- : The Byrds was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Nudest.
- : The Byrds was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Welfare Programs (last census: Top 5%).
- : The Byrds was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 1%).
- : The Byrds was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- : The Byrds fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Pacifist.
- : The Byrds was endorsed by The Artistic Island of The State Of Candor.
- : The Byrds was endorsed by The Republic of Free Hugs 4 Everyone.
Endorsements Received: 13 » Avaerilon, Mare Nectaris, New Differentia, Kanoria, Vancovaria, The Free Domains, Northern Inertia, Mons Garle, Chameliya, Grolsch, Freeland Newworldia, The State Of Candor, and Scorlewald.