The Rickenbacker Jangliness of The Byrds is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by music with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, state-planned economy, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 17.259 billion Byrdsians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded, outspoken government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Fifth Dimension. The income tax rate is 100%.
The large but stagnant Byrdsian economy, worth 199 trillion serviles a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. State-owned companies are the norm. Average income is 11,534 serviles, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
A well-funded social safety net protects the unfortunate, the fire protection service is wholly government-funded, anyone who so much as frowns is referred to a mental health unit, and pharmacies close down as medicinal drugs are sold freely by the government. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Byrds's national animal is the conservative, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 7 hours ago
- 6 days ago: The Byrds was endorsed by The Cookie Craftspeople of Grolsch.
- 12 days ago: The Byrds was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- 12 days ago: The Byrds was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Inclusive.
- 26 days ago: The Byrds was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Compassionate Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 48 days ago: The Byrds was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extreme.
- 48 days ago: The Byrds was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Extreme.
- 49 days ago: The Byrds was endorsed by The Serene Kingdom of Chameliya.
- 49 days ago: The Byrds was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Pacifist (last census: Top 5%).
- 61 days ago: The Byrds was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Michael Gutman.
- 67 days ago: The Byrds was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Income Equality (last census: Top 10%).
Endorsements Received: 15 » Avaerilon, Mare Nectaris, New Differentia, Kanoria, United Democracy of Scientists, Anaaxes, Halstein, Vancovaria, The Free Domains, Isla de la Gatos, Northern Inertia, Mons Garle, Michael Gutman, Chameliya, and Grolsch.