“I, I don't have the vaguest notion”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: Social Liberal Union
The Rickenbacker Jangliness of The Byrds is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by music with a fair hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, intelligent population of 15.379 billion The Byrdsians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Education, although the Environment and Social Welfare are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Fifth Dimension. The average income tax rate is 100%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The The Byrds Enquirer offers weekly cash prizes for 'most blasphemous song, story, or cartoon', libraries are now installed with jacuzzis and mini-bars, crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters, and The Byrds is notorious for its citizens' infidelity. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Byrds's national animal is the conservative, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the servile.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 10 hours ago
- 11 days ago: The Byrds was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Compassionate Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 20 days ago: The Byrds was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nudest.
- 24 days ago: The Byrds fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Income Equality.
- 41 days ago: The Byrds voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn The Black Riders"".
- 41 days ago: The Byrds voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Legal Competence".
- 46 days ago: The Byrds fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 47 days ago: The Byrds was endorsed by The World Federation of United Earth.
- 61 days ago: The Byrds was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Godforsaken (last census: Top 10%).
- 89 days ago: The Byrds was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Populations (last census: #1).
- 93 days ago: The Byrds was endorsed by Newhalla.