The Rickenbacker Jangliness of The Byrds is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by music with a fair hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, daily referendums, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 17.401 billion Byrdsians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded, outspoken government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Fifth Dimension. The income tax rate is 100%.
The large but stagnant Byrdsian economy, worth 200 trillion serviles a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. State-owned companies are the norm. Average income is 11,539 serviles, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
A well-funded social safety net protects the unfortunate, the fire protection service is wholly government-funded, anyone who so much as frowns is referred to a mental health unit, and pharmacies close down as medicinal drugs are sold freely by the government. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Byrds's national animal is the conservative, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Byrds was endorsed by The Republic of Free Hugs 4 Everyone.
- : The Byrds was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Crime Rates (last census: Top 5%).
- : The Byrds was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : The Byrds was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather (last census: Top 5%).
- : The Byrds was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : The Byrds was endorsed by The Free Land of Freeland Newworldia.
- : The Byrds was endorsed by The Cookie Craftspeople of Grolsch.
- : The Byrds was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- : The Byrds was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Inclusive.
- : The Byrds was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Compassionate Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
Endorsements Received: 15 » Avaerilon, Mare Nectaris, New Differentia, Kanoria, United Democracy of Scientists, Anaaxes, Vancovaria, The Free Domains, Isla de la Gatos, Northern Inertia, Mons Garle, Chameliya, Grolsch, Freeland Newworldia, and Free Hugs 4 Everyone.