“I, I don't have the vaguest notion”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: Social Liberal Union
The Rickenbacker Jangliness of The Byrds is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by music with a fair hand, and renowned for its restrictive gun laws. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 12.607 billion love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Education, although the Environment and Social Equality are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Fifth Dimension. The average income tax rate is 100%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Unstable couples are known to break up over which one gets parental leave, conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings, new safety regulations require all cars manufactured in The Byrds to be bombproof, and midnight pizza breaks are common among the work-from-home population. Crime is totally unknown. The Byrds's national animal is the conservative, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the servile.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 11 hours ago
- 1 day 14 hours ago: The Byrds was endorsed by The Democratic States of Athiesm.
- 1 day 17 hours ago: The Byrds was endorsed by The Magnificent Kingdom of Avaerilon.
- 1 day 17 hours ago: The Byrds was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Feebland.
- 3 days 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in The Byrds, midnight pizza breaks are common among the work-from-home population.
- 3 days 11 hours ago: The Byrds voted for the World Assembly Resolution "On the Declaration of War".
- 3 days 11 hours ago: The Byrds was admitted to the World Assembly.
- 3 days 11 hours ago: The Byrds applied to join the World Assembly.
- 4 days ago: The Byrds was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Healthiest Citizens (last census: Top 1%).
- 10 days ago: The Byrds was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Nicest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 13 days ago: The Byrds fell out of the regional Top 10% for Happiest Citizens.