“You woke me up for this?”
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: the South Pacific
The Extremely Grumpy Guys of The Bloodguard is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by The First Mark with an even hand, and renowned for its complete absence of social welfare. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 7.759 billion enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, liberal individuals juggles the competing demands of Defence, Education, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bloodguard City. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Beef-Based Agriculture industries.
There have been sightings of people walking around dressed in nothing but leopard-skin g-strings for 'religious reasons', scenic mountain valleys are flooded with water as damming projects get underway, crime is on the rise as DNA sampling has been all but outlawed, and citizens are regularly found digging for treasure in their gardens. Crime is crippling, probably because of the country's utter lack of prisons. The Bloodguard's national animal is the lion, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Movementarianism, and its currency is the pound.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 2 hours ago
- 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in The Bloodguard, citizens are regularly found digging for treasure in their gardens.
- 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in The Bloodguard, crime is on the rise as DNA sampling has been all but outlawed.
- 1 day 2 hours ago: The Bloodguard voted against the World Assembly Resolution "On the Declaration of War".
- 1 day 2 hours ago: The Bloodguard endorsed The Republic of Unkinland.
- 1 day 2 hours ago: The Bloodguard withdrew its endorsement from The Republic of Aequo animo.
- 1 day 2 hours ago: The Bloodguard endorsed The Democratic States of The Hare Jordans.
- 1 day 19 hours ago: The Bloodguard was endorsed by The Democratic States of The Hare Jordans.
- 1 day 22 hours ago: The Bloodguard endorsed The Republic of Caixote.
- 1 day 22 hours ago: The Bloodguard withdrew its endorsement from The Dominion of Di Minores.
- 1 day 22 hours ago: The Bloodguard endorsed The Dominion of Sierra Lobo.
Endorsements Received: 64 (Brutland and Norden, Zakanda, Curlyhoward, Fudgetopia, Darakin, Anarchist Portugal, Armed Republic of Guns Addicts, Kholdan, Redemptorian, Tuchuk, Brittany the Great, Dingers, Lord Booze, Kevarado, The Union of Free Individuals, RandomGuyNation WA Seat, Nobody Home, Neo-Tesla, Crapotopia, Arcadia Austral, Iolanthes Fairyland, Kreios, Hileville, Southern Bellz, South Pacific Belschaft, Drugged Monkeys, Royeaux, The HEM, SHAYTAN UKHIROSS, Sheepatropolis, Kestral Blue, Great Bahamas, Michu, Mavenu, Aramanchovia, Isle of Harris, Radole, The Cruel Pirates, The Legit Republic of Blanketsburg, Nonce Rho, Dovanet, El Markus, Pamela And Hepatitis, El Moriyana, Gauthier, Kiasu-ism, Mithres, Rockchester, New Galatia, --TAO--, Sir Beltz, The Fancy Republic of Zombie Napoleon, Tenir, Bergenu, Terraberg, Notbotswana, Cape Adare, Rebel-topia of the South Pacific, Pugs Only, Bobs raider puppet, Ancient Slobovia, Soem, Sierra Lobo, The Hare Jordans)