The Hound of The Baskervilles is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its deadly medical pandemics, frequent executions, and daily referendums. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless, devout population of 15.494 billion The Baskervillesians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, liberal, outspoken individuals prioritizes Education, with Industry also on the agenda, while Law & Order and Welfare are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Baskerville Hall. Income tax is unheard of.
The all-consuming The Baskervillesian economy, worth a remarkable 1,104 trillion pounds a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Gambling industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Retail, and Information Technology. Average income is 71,306 pounds, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 314,879 per year while the poor average 10,110, a ratio of 31.1 to 1.
The Father of the House has been in office just shy of a fortnight, procrastination is a national sport, members of majority races are forced out of their homes to make way for Bigtopians, and terrified neighbors cower behind concertina wire and machine gun nests. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. The Baskervilles's national animal is the hound, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Baskervilles was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens and the Top 10% for Most Cultured and Highest Wealthy Incomes.
- : The Baskervilles was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Drug Use and the Top 10% for Most Devout and Most Stationary.
- : The Baskervilles was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides and Highest Economic Output.
- : The Baskervilles was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Stationary.
- : The Baskervilles was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Efficient Economies.
- : The Baskervilles was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Rudest Citizens, Highest Crime Rates, Largest Gambling Industry, Most Armed, and Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : The Baskervilles was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Shortest Average Lifespan.
- : The Baskervilles was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Rudest Citizens.
- : The Baskervilles fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : The Baskervilles was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Avoided.