The Hound of The Baskervilles is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, notable for its museums and concert halls, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and daily referendums. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless, devout population of 12.58 billion The Baskervillesians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, liberal, outspoken individuals prioritizes Education, with Industry also on the agenda, while Law & Order and Welfare aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Baskerville Hall. Income tax is unheard of.
The all-consuming The Baskervillesian economy, worth 882 trillion pounds a year, is driven entirely by the private sector, which is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Gambling industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Retail, and Information Technology. Average income is 70,180 pounds, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 313,004 per year while the poor average 9,776, a ratio of 32.0 to 1.
The Father of the House has been in office just shy of a fortnight, procrastination is a national sport, members of majority races are forced out of their homes to make way for Bigtopians, and terrified neighbors cower behind concertina wire and machine gun nests. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. The Baskervilles's national animal is the hound, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity: 17 days ago
- 6 days ago: The Baskervilles was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Retail Industry.
- 25 days ago: The Baskervilles was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 42 days ago: The Baskervilles was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Godforsaken.
- 43 days ago: The Baskervilles was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Gambling Industry (last census: Top 10%).
- 76 days ago: The Baskervilles fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- 87 days ago: The Baskervilles lodged a message on the The Featured Region Followers Regional Message Board.
- 94 days ago: The Baskervilles fell out of the regional Top 10% for Highest Drug Use.
- 109 days ago: The Baskervilles published "Why I have had to give up featured region following" (Factbook: History).
- 111 days ago: The Baskervilles fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Armed.
- 117 days ago: The Baskervilles lodged a message on the The Featured Region Followers Regional Message Board.