“Free as the wind. :)”
Regional Influence: Vassal
Location: The Featured Region Followers
The Hound of The Baskervilles is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 11.253 billion The Baskervillesians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded individuals concentrates mainly on Education, although Commerce and Defence are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Baskerville Hall. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Gambling industry.
The Father of the House has been in office just shy of a fortnight, procrastination is a national sport, members of majority races are forced out of their homes to make way for Bigtopians, and terrified neighbors cower behind concertina wire and machine gun nests. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling, probably because of the country's utter lack of prisons. The Baskervilles's national animal is the hound, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the pound.
Most Recent Government Activity: 55 days ago
- 7 days ago: The Baskervilles was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Drug Use.
- 57 days ago: The Baskervilles published "Region Tourism" (Factbook: International).
- 77 days ago: The Baskervilles lodged a message on the The Featured Region Followers Regional Message Board.
- 77 days ago: The Baskervilles relocated from Trixie Supremacy to The Featured Region Followers.
- 77 days ago: The Baskervilles lodged a message on the Trixie Supremacy Regional Message Board.
- 77 days ago: The Baskervilles relocated from The Featured Region Followers to Trixie Supremacy.
- 88 days ago: The Baskervilles fell out of the regional Top 10% for Highest Drug Use.
- 103 days ago: The Baskervilles lodged a message on the The Featured Region Followers Regional Message Board.
- 225 days ago: The Baskervilles was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- 233 days ago: The Baskervilles fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.