“Ascendancy est imperare orbi universo.”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
Location: The Ascendancy
The People's Dominion of The Ascendancy is a massive, socially progressive nation, notable for its devotion to social welfare. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 4.535 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The government -- a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass -- concentrates mainly on Social Welfare, although Education and Healthcare are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Ascendancy City. The average income tax rate is 34%. A substantial private sector is dominated by the Gambling industry.
Scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, all government facilities are built in the subterranean citadel of The Ascendancy City, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit, and archaeological discoveries are often followed by mysterious hamster abductions. Crime is totally unknown. The Ascendancy's national animal is the Ascendant One, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Credit.
Most Recent Government Activity: 20 days ago
- 30 days ago: The Ascendancy fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Influential.
- 37 days ago: The Ascendancy was ravaged by a Zombie Horde from The Well-Adjusted Citizenry of Matrix Gunbladers, infecting 114 million survivors.
- 37 days ago: The Ascendancy was struck by a Cure Missile from The Confederal Senate of Meimaka, curing 53 million infected.
- 37 days ago: The Ascendancy was struck by a Cure Missile from The Confederal Senate of Meimaka, curing 48 million infected.
- 37 days ago: The Ascendancy was ravaged by a Zombie Horde from The Coalesce of The Flood Collective, infecting 22 million survivors.
- 96 days ago: The Ascendancy relocated from Osiris to The Ascendancy.
- 96 days ago: The Ascendancy was refounded.
- 97 days ago: The Ascendancy ceased to exist.
- 115 days ago: The Ascendancy fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Gambling Industry.
- 145 days ago: The Ascendancy fell out of the regional Top 10% for Highest Drug Use.