The People's Dominion of The Ascendancy is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its complete lack of prisons, absence of drug laws, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 10.056 billion The Ascendancyians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Ascendancy City. The average income tax rate is 61.0%.
The strong The Ascendancyian economy, worth 453 trillion Credits a year, is quite specialized and led by the Gambling industry, with significant contributions from Door-to-door Insurance Sales, Woodchip Exports, and Information Technology. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is 45,118 Credits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.0 times as much as the poorest.
Scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, all government facilities are built in the subterranean citadel of The Ascendancy City, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit, and archaeological discoveries are often followed by mysterious hamster abductions. Crime is totally unknown. The Ascendancy's national animal is the Ascendant One, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Ascendancy was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Black Market.
- : The Ascendancy was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Stationary.
- : The Ascendancy was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- : The Ascendancy was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs, Largest Populations, and Largest Black Market.
- : The Ascendancy's influence in The Ascendancy rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- : The Ascendancy appointed Entropy as Prince-elector with authority over Polls in The Ascendancy.
- : The Ascendancy's influence in The Ascendancy rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- : The Ascendancy's influence in The Ascendancy rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".
- : The Ascendancy's influence in The Ascendancy rose from "Contender" to "Enforcer".
- : The Ascendancy altered its national flag.