The Federal States of The Araucania is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Max Power with a fair hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, smutty television, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 8.312 billion The Araucanians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Southport. The average income tax rate is 91.6%.
The frighteningly efficient The Araucanian economy, worth 899 trillion Southern Golds a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism. Average income is an impressive 108,193 Southern Golds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.2 times as much as the poorest.
The "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Southport Times is sold out, the government is giving peace a chance, Amnesty Interregional has condemned The Araucania for ignoring crimes against humanity, and the nation's Medal of Honour can be found as a free toy in breakfast cereal. Crime is totally unknown. The Araucania's national animal is the phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Christianism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Araucania was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Politically Free.
- : The Araucania was refounded in Balder.
- : The Araucania ceased to exist.
- : The Araucania was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather.
- : The Araucania was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : The Araucania was struck by a Cure Missile from The Destroyer of ARA San Martin, curing 368 million infected.
- : The Araucania was struck by a Cure Missile from The Destroyer of ARA San Martin, curing 397 million infected.
- : The Araucania was struck by a Cure Missile from The Fortress Island of Alvenheim, curing 53 million infected.
- : The Araucania was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : The Araucania fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Developed.