“De pace scientiam”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The United States of The Ancient World is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by President Matt Leaf with a fair hand, and notable for its hatred of cheese. The compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 5.325 billion Ancient Worldians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Commerce, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Trinity. The average income tax rate is 98%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Tourism industry.
The latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, the judicial branch is strongly influenced by major corporations, roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews, and the fire protection service is wholly government-funded. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Ancient World's national animal is the Boa Constrictor, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Christianity, and its currency is the Shale.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 hours ago
- 1 day 5 hours ago: The Ancient World lodged a message on the Atlas Regional Message Board.
- 1 day 20 hours ago: The Ancient World endorsed The Peaceful Forests and Peaks of The Nation of Ceneria.
- 2 days 4 hours ago: The Ancient World lodged a message on the Atlas Regional Message Board.
- 2 days 12 hours ago: The Ancient World was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies (last census: Top 10%).
- 2 days 19 hours ago: The Ancient World was endorsed by The Peaceful Forests and Peaks of The Nation of Ceneria.
- 3 days 5 hours ago: The Ancient World endorsed The Happily Tyrannical delegate of Valaran.
- 3 days 5 hours ago: The Ancient World voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate The International Communist Union"".
- 4 days ago: The Ancient World lodged a message on the Atlas Regional Message Board.
- 5 days ago: The Ancient World was endorsed by The Happily Tyrannical delegate of Valaran.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in The Ancient World, the fire protection service is wholly government-funded.