The Federal Republic of Thatius is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Marko Iroskovic with an even hand, and remarkable for its enslaved workforce, strictly enforced bedtime, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 11.955 billion Thatians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Frederikstadt. The average income tax rate is 31.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Thatiusian economy, worth a remarkable 1,465 trillion Dinars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Automobile Manufacturing, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 122,598 Dinars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.9 times as much as the poorest.
Most mothers are forced to quit their jobs to care for infants, the Father of the House has been in office just shy of a fortnight, airship use has soared while property values beneath their routes have plummeted, and Eagles with strange deformities like three eyes and tentacles have been seen prancing through the countryside where industrial waste is dumped. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Thatius's national animal is the Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Thatius was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 5%).
- : Thatius was reclassified from "Capitalist Paradise" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Thatius fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- : Thatius fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Thatius fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- : Thatius fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- : Thatius fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Pro-Market.
- : Thatius's influence in Atlantian Oceania rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- : Thatius was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Thatius was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 10%).