The Federal Republic of Thatius is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Marko Iroskovic with an even hand, and renowned for its zero percent divorce rate, anti-smoking policies, and unlimited-speed roads. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 11.4 billion Thatians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Frederikstadt. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 31.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Thatiusian economy, worth a remarkable 1,367 trillion Dinars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Automobile Manufacturing, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 119,965 Dinars, with the richest citizens earning 7.9 times as much as the poorest.
Most mothers are forced to quit their jobs to care for infants, the Father of the House has been in office just shy of a fortnight, airship use has soared while property values beneath their routes have plummeted, and Eagles with strange deformities like three eyes and tentacles have been seen prancing through the countryside where industrial waste is dumped. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Thatius's national animal is the Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity: 23 hours ago
- 13 days ago: Thatius was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 27 days ago: Thatius was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 10%).
- 31 days ago: Thatius fell out of the regional Top 10% for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- 33 days ago: Thatius fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Retail Industry.
- 36 days ago: Thatius fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Mining Sector.
- 48 days ago: Thatius was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Police Ratios.
- 48 days ago: Thatius fell out of the regional Top 10% for Highest Police Ratios.
- 49 days ago: Thatius was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- 62 days ago: Thatius was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Developed (last census: Top 5%).
- 67 days ago: Thatius fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.