“Good, wild, and free.”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The Wild and Free Nation of Thanya is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by Yowlumne Fenris with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 8.498 billion Thanyans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Education, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sköll. The average income tax rate is 93%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Tourism industry.
Gun ownership is compulsory, stray cats threaten the fledgling avian-based internet, the national guard is mobilized whenever a mother gets separated from her child at the mall, and the 'kind of scrawny' 500 meter hurdle is a popular event. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Thanya's national animal is the Gray Wolf, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Bead.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 22 hours ago
- 1 day 21 hours ago: Thanya changed its national motto to "Good, wild, and free.".
- 5 days ago: Thanya fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- 11 days ago: Thanya endorsed The Dunedain of Arnor and Gondor-.
- 12 days ago: Thanya was endorsed by The Dunedain of Arnor and Gondor-.
- 12 days ago: Thanya endorsed The Free-Market Frontiers of The Bear Pits.
- 12 days ago: Thanya endorsed The Kingdom of LARF.
- 12 days ago: Thanya was endorsed by The Free-Market Frontiers of The Bear Pits.
- 13 days ago: Thanya was endorsed by The Kingdom of LARF.
- 14 days ago: Thanya was endorsed by The WA Puppet of FreeGunsForAll.
- 15 days ago: Following new legislation in Thanya, the 'kind of scrawny' 500 meter hurdle is a popular event.