The Queendom of Thangor is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Her Celestial Majesty Queen Madeleine with an even hand, and renowned for its parental licensing program, sprawling nuclear power plants, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 8.642 billion Thangorians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rathir. The average income tax rate is 91.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Thangorian economy, worth 505 trillion Dacras a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Tourism industry. Average income is 58,520 Dacras, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Cremation is compulsory for the deceased, the new 'Things We Stole From Other Countries' exhibition at the National Museum of Antiquities is a hit, loans are available for students from poor families, and marketing departments of corporate giants compete to sponsor little league teams. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Thangor's national animal is the Raven, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Monarch Worship.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 hours ago
- 8 days ago: Thangor was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 14 days ago: Thangor was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.
- 14 days ago: Thangor was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Cultured.
- 17 days ago: Following new legislation in Thangor, marketing departments of corporate giants compete to sponsor little league teams.
- 18 days ago: Thangor endorsed The Armed Republic of Wyvernfield.
- 18 days ago: Thangor lodged a message on the The New Commonwealth Society Regional Message Board.
- 18 days ago: Thangor was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Police Ratios (last census: Top 5%).
- 22 days ago: Thangor lodged a message on the The New Commonwealth Society Regional Message Board.
- 23 days ago: Thangor withdrew its endorsement from The People's Democracy of Uupha.
- 23 days ago: Thangor lodged a message on the The New Commonwealth Society Regional Message Board.
Endorsements Received: 18 » Talisinium, Londria, Bulraton, Sovereign republic, Cumberlanda, Sece, Uupha, Echillee, Ararat Mountain, AborigineAU, Greater Mobile, Sichou, Tabcorp Park, Corsairistan, Khatovaria, Socialistes Utopiques Et Scientifiques, Vasatra, and Wyvernfield.