“A people in my image, who answer to my will alone.”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
Location: The New Commonwealth Society
The Queendom of Thangor is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Her Celestial Majesty Queen Madeleine with an even hand, and renowned for its restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed population of 7.155 billion Thangorians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rathir. The average income tax rate is 80%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The government has adopted a "Lightning Never Strikes Twice" approach to dealing with natural disasters, crime suspects are forced to submit to blood testing, notable individuals are granted land and titles, and the government seizes private property for the 'good of the people'. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Thangor's national animal is the Raven, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Monarch Worship, and its currency is the Dacra.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 9 hours ago
- 18 hours ago: Thangor was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 5%).
- 2 days 19 hours ago: Thangor was ranked #1 in the region for Most Influential (last census: Top 5%).
- 3 days 19 hours ago: Thangor was reclassified from "Authoritarian Democracy" to "Democratic Socialists".
- 4 days ago: Thangor's influence in The New Commonwealth Society fell from "Powerbroker" to "Eminence Grise".
- 6 days ago: Thangor was endorsed by The Free Land of Sece.
- 8 days ago: Thangor lodged a message on the The New Commonwealth Society Regional Message Board.
- 11 days ago: Thangor lost the endorsement of The Unified Federation of Haqqislam.
- 11 days ago: Thangor lost the position of The New Commonwealth Society WA Delegate to The Proud Nation of Tabcorp Park.
- 13 days ago: Thangor was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 13 days ago: Thangor lodged a message on the The New Commonwealth Society Regional Message Board.