The Dominion of Teufelvolk is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by The Despot with an iron fist, and renowned for its strictly enforced bedtime, restrictive gun laws, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 14.497 billion Teufelvolkians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The tiny, corrupt, moralistic, pro-business, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Groznyj Grad. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Teufelvolkian economy, worth a remarkable 7,536 trillion Osmium Standards a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Woodchip Exports, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Average income is a breathtaking 519,883 Osmium Standards, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 2,972,669 per year while the poor average 43,970, a ratio of 67.6 to 1.
Record sales of 'child-whacking sticks' have been reported, the Mantis is reportedly extinct, school uniforms are compulsory, and citizens are regularly arrested in queues for 'loitering'. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force. Teufelvolk's national animal is the Mantis, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Fascism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 days ago
- 19 hours ago: Teufelvolk was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Primitive (last census: Top 1%).
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Teufelvolk, citizens are regularly arrested in queues for 'loitering'.
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Teufelvolk, school uniforms are compulsory.
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Teufelvolk, the Mantis is reportedly extinct.
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Teufelvolk, record sales of 'child-whacking sticks' have been reported.
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Teufelvolk, citizens who fail to follow the official national religion are executed.
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Teufelvolk, the government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid.
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in Teufelvolk, children have taken to using semaphore in light of the recent mobile phone ban.
- 13 days ago: Teufelvolk fell out of the world Top 1% for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- 13 days ago: Teufelvolk fell out of the regional Top 1% for Largest Agricultural Sector.