“Life's a journey. shame about the destination”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The War-torn imperial planet of Tethys 13 is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Bilbo Baggins with a fair hand, and remarkable for its national health service. The compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 10.455 billion Tethys 13ians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Defence, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and the Environment receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Inevitable City. The average income tax rate is 76%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.
The government seeks peaceful forum with terrorists, government officials frequently cut taxes as a distraction from antics with their secretaries, a ban on unsolicited cold calling in all forms is in effect, and motorists must pay to enter inner-cities during peak hours. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tethys 13's national animal is the hobbit, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the mushroom.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 4 hours ago
- 36 days ago: Tethys 13 was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Defense Forces (last census: Top 5%).
- 45 days ago: Tethys 13 was refounded in Osiris.
- 46 days ago: Tethys 13 ceased to exist.
- 63 days ago: Tethys 13 was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Populations.
- 74 days ago: Tethys 13 was refounded in Lazarus.
- 109 days ago: Tethys 13 ceased to exist.
- 119 days ago: Tethys 13 was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 132 days ago: Tethys 13 was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Defense Forces.
- 138 days ago: Tethys 13 was refounded in Osiris.
- 162 days ago: Tethys 13 ceased to exist.