The Hive Mind of Testlandia is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Meridian Zero with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 25.395 billion Testlandians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Environment, Defense, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Test City. The average income tax rate is 83.7%.
The very strong Testlandian economy, worth a remarkable 1,406 trillion ☆star☆s a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Arms Manufacturing industry. Average income is 55,387 ☆star☆s, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.5 times as much as the poorest.
Religious organizations are being forced to leave the country or pay income taxes like everybody else, Max Barry is this year's Miss Testlandia, sea-snakes are considered a delicacy, and it is a crime to offend someone's religious beliefs. Crime is well under control, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Testlandia's national animal is the sea-snake, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Violetism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 hours ago
- 3 days 3 hours ago: Testlandia endorsed The Generally AWESOME Republic of Translenia.
- 9 days ago: Testlandia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Influential.
- 10 days ago: Testlandia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 24 days ago: Testlandia fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 34 days ago: Testlandia agreed to construct embassies between Testregionia and Free Thought.
- 35 days ago: Following new legislation in Testlandia, it is a crime to offend someone's religious beliefs.
- 40 days ago: Testlandia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 10%).
- 42 days ago: Following new legislation in Testlandia, sea-snakes are considered a delicacy.
- 43 days ago: Following new legislation in Testlandia, Max Barry is this year's Miss Testlandia.
- 49 days ago: Following new legislation in Testlandia, religious organizations are being forced to leave the country or pay income taxes like everybody else.
Endorsements Received: None.