“That's a feature”Meridian Zero
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Superpower
The Hive Mind of Testlandia is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Meridian Zero with an even hand, and renowned for its punitive income tax rates. The quiet, industrious population of 24.872 billion Testlandians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Environment, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Test City. The average income tax rate is 81.8%.
The strong Testlandian economy, worth a remarkable 1,299 trillion ☆star☆s a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is 52,228 ☆star☆s, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.0 times as much as the poorest.
The government has declared its commitment to multilateralism, dozens of additional foreign policy specialists have been sent to the country's WA Mission, prisoners work-share to cut down rising costs of keeping them in jail, and Testlandia's famous countrysides are shrouded by wind farms. Crime is relatively low, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Testlandia's national animal is the sea-snake, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Violetism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 hours ago
- 1 day 23 hours ago: Testlandia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments (last census: Top 10%).
- 1 day 23 hours ago: Testlandia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 5 days ago: Testlandia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Disabled Voters Act".
- 8 days ago: Testlandia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Double Taxation".
- 14 days ago: Testlandia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Populations.
- 20 days ago: Testlandia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 10%).
- 20 days ago: Testlandia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 21 days ago: Testlandia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Promotion of Dance".
- 22 days ago: Following new legislation in Testlandia, Testlandia's famous countrysides are shrouded by wind farms.
- 25 days ago: Testlandia lodged a message on the Testregionia Regional Message Board.
Endorsements Received: None.