The Hive Mind of Testlandia is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Meridian Zero with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-working population of 28.639 billion Testlandians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defense, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Test City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 91.3%.
The thriving Testlandish economy, worth a remarkable 2,177 trillion denarii a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is 76,020 denarii, with the richest citizens earning 8.4 times as much as the poorest.
Town welcome signs list corporate sponsors, citizens are bleary-eyed after staying up all night with a good book (Testlandia has found 3 easter eggs), the constant playing of Merry Birthday on Testlandish radio has led to calls for the song to be classified as a crime against humanity, and pollution is on the rise along with government approvals of fracking projects. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Testlandia's national animal is the ★★★ star-snake ★★★, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Neo-Violetism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Testlandia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Testlandia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Testlandia was endorsed by The new pre-ghr piling record for cora.
- : Testlandia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations and the Top 10% for Largest Governments, Most Cheerful Citizens, Most Advanced Public Education, and Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Following new legislation in Testlandia, pollution is on the rise along with government approvals of fracking projects.
- : Testlandia lodged a message on the Testregionia Regional Message Board.
- : Testlandia appointed The Holy Lucky Christmas Zombie of A Badly Conceived Designation as Vice-Tester with authority over Appearance, Communications, and Polls in Testregionia.
- : Testlandia was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Axamasine.
- : Testlandia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Testlandia, the constant playing of Merry Birthday on Testlandish radio has led to calls for the song to be classified as a crime against humanity.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Terra Felix Familiaris.