“That's a feature”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Powerbroker
The Hive Mind of Testlandia is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Meridian Zero with an even hand, and notable for its punitive income tax rates. The quiet, industrious population of 23.784 billion Testlandians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Test City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 69%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Testlandia Barrier Island residents anxiously await their 'Bridge to Somewhere', citizens select which government department gets their income tax yen each year, closed universities are currently being converted into MacDonald's restaurants, and prosecutors routinely call transplant doctors as 'expert witnesses' in burglary cases. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is a problem. Testlandia's national animal is the ox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the yen.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 hours ago
- 2 days 10 hours ago: Testlandia became WA Delegate of Testregionia.
- 2 days 20 hours ago: Testlandia was endorsed by The Wayward Ramblers of Iron Fist Grizzlies.
- 5 days ago: Testlandia's influence in Testregionia fell from "Power" to "Powerbroker".
- 5 days ago: Testlandia fell out of the world Top 10% for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 5 days ago: Testlandia was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- 7 days ago: Testlandia's influence in Testregionia rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- 15 days ago: Testlandia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Reducing Spills and Leaks".
- 15 days ago: Testlandia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn The Black Riders"".
- 20 days ago: Testlandia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Yohannes".
- 20 days ago: Following new legislation in Testlandia, prosecutors routinely call transplant doctors as 'expert witnesses' in burglary cases.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Iron Fist Grizzlies.