“Moby D*ck was so bad, the game made me censor the title”
Regional Influence: Diplomat
Location: The Empire of Cats
The Three Millionth Nation of Terrible Books is a massive, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its absence of drug laws. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 3.381 billion enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The medium-sized, liberal, pro-business government appears to have no policy direction whatsoever. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 15%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Gambling industry, followed by Soda Sales and Retail.
Same-sex marriages are increasingly common, surveillance cameras are banned, voting is voluntary, and young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables. Crime is pervasive, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Terrible Books's national animal is the whale is not a fish you moron, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the overrated self-indulgent pomp.
Most Recent Government Activity: 22 days ago
- 5 days ago: Terrible Books fell out of the world Top 1% for Most Politically Free.
- 9 days ago: Terrible Books was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- 30 days ago: Terrible Books was endorsed by The Imperial Federation of Corkan Territory.
- 31 days ago: Terrible Books was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extreme (last census: Top 1%).
- 33 days ago: Terrible Books was reclassified from "Anarchy" to "Capitalizt".
- 38 days ago: Terrible Books was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Pro-Market.
- 44 days ago: Terrible Books voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Versutian Federation".
- 44 days ago: Terrible Books voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Versutian Federation".
- 44 days ago: Terrible Books voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Rights of Crime Victims".
- 44 days ago: Terrible Books was admitted to the World Assembly.
Endorsements Received: 1 (Corkan Territory)