“Optimism is better than despair.”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The Democratic States of Terran123 is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Terran with a fair hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate, intelligent population of 5.244 billion Terran123ians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and Social Equality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ottawa. The average income tax rate is 99%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Tourism industry.
Same-sex marriages are increasingly common, voting is voluntary, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents, and abortions are routinely performed in Terran123's hospitals. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Terran123's national animal is the Hawk, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 hours ago
- 19 hours ago: Terran123 was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments (last census: Top 10%).
- 20 hours ago: Following new legislation in Terran123, abortions are routinely performed in Terran123's hospitals.
- 1 day 8 hours ago: Following new legislation in Terran123, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents.
- 2 days 8 hours ago: Following new legislation in Terran123, voting is voluntary.
- 3 days 20 hours ago: Following new legislation in Terran123, same-sex marriages are increasingly common.
- 4 days ago: Terran123 was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Free.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Terran123, coalition governments are essential to passing new laws.
- 5 days ago: Terran123 was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Terran123, artists are pillars of society.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Terran123, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field.
Endorsements Received: 20 » Dustwind, Kelvinski, Anollasia, The Blessed and Almighty Bog, Mystiquelle, Spncrgmn, Markanite, FreeGunsForAll, LARF, The Isle of Tol Eressea, Earth Federation, Zyrcrestia, Aipotu Ruo, Goat Horns, Nojia, Zafalla, Blogotopia, New Hodgepodge, Wysrod, and New Duveland.