“Optimism is better than despair.”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The Democratic States of Terran123 is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Terran with a fair hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, intelligent population of 4.687 billion Terran123ians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and Social Equality. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ottawa. The average income tax rate is 98%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Tourism industry.
The minority inevitably have their addenda vetoed, the arms industry is strictly regulated, teenagers across the country are celebrating the defeat of a national curfew bill, and parents live in fear of governmental 'child protection' squads. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Terran123's national animal is the Hawk, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 hours ago
- 78 minutes ago: Terran123 was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 1 day 1 hour ago: Terran123 was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- 1 day 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Terran123, parents live in fear of governmental 'child protection' squads.
- 1 day 4 hours ago: Terran123 was endorsed by The Dominion of The Isle of Tol Eressea.
- 1 day 13 hours ago: Terran123 was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- 1 day 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in Terran123, teenagers across the country are celebrating the defeat of a national curfew bill.
- 1 day 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in Terran123, the arms industry is strictly regulated.
- 2 days 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in Terran123, the minority inevitably have their addenda vetoed.
- 3 days 13 hours ago: Following new legislation in Terran123, the government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Terran123, tourists outnumber citizens two to one.