The Democratic States of Terran123 is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Terran with a fair hand, and notable for its national health service, sprawling nuclear power plants, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 6.166 billion Terran123ians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Policy, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ottawa. The average income tax rate is 99.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Terran123ian economy, worth a remarkable 1,202 trillion dollars a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 194,947 dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Surveillance cameras are banned, the people are famous throughout the region for their bleached-white teeth, college students make ends meet by selling their kidneys, and anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Terran123's national animal is the Hawk, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 47 minutes ago
- 38 minutes ago: Terran123 was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- 38 minutes ago: Following new legislation in Terran123, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper.
- 38 minutes ago: Following new legislation in Terran123, college students make ends meet by selling their kidneys.
- 1 day ago: Following new legislation in Terran123, the people are famous throughout the region for their bleached-white teeth.
- 1 day ago: Following new legislation in Terran123, surveillance cameras are banned.
- 2 days ago: Following new legislation in Terran123, Max Barry is this year's Miss Terran123.
- 2 days 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Terran123, the government is promoting multicultural values with the new 'Just Be Nice, OK?' initiative.
- 2 days 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Terran123, heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste.
- 3 days 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Terran123, the government pours millions of dollars into rehabilitation programs annually.
- 3 days 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Terran123, roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews.
Endorsements Received: 23 » Dustwind, Kelvinski, The Blessed and Almighty Bog, Mystiquelle, Spncrgmn, FreeGunsForAll, The Isle of Tol Eressea, Earth Federation, Zyrcrestia, Nojia, Blogotopia, The Iron Crown Order, The Republic of Michigan, Ilha Rongo Koa, Aersoldorf, Steamhaven II, GaultVille, Green Counties, Coreras, Germanahii, AdyLand, West Gensokyo, and Caesarian Rule.