The Democratic States of Terran123 is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Terran with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, frequent executions, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 5.86 billion Terran123ians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Policy, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ottawa. The average income tax rate is 98.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Terran123ian economy, worth a remarkable 1,112 trillion dollars a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 189,865 dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Skateboarding is considered a form of diplomacy, nude art is becoming wildly popular, organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region, and drug distribution is tightly controlled by the government. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Terran123's national animal is the Hawk, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 hours ago
- 32 minutes ago: Terran123 was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 53 minutes ago: Terran123 was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 108 minutes ago: Terran123 was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- 108 minutes ago: Following new legislation in Terran123, drug distribution is tightly controlled by the government.
- 1 day 1 hour ago: Terran123 was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- 1 day 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Terran123, organ donation rates are among the lowest in the region.
- 1 day 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Terran123, nude art is becoming wildly popular.
- 1 day 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Terran123, skateboarding is considered a form of diplomacy.
- 3 days 14 hours ago: Following new legislation in Terran123, the government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Terran123, UFO sightings are listed daily in the morning news.
Endorsements Received: 18 » Dustwind, Kelvinski, Anollasia, The Blessed and Almighty Bog, Mystiquelle, Spncrgmn, Markanite, FreeGunsForAll, The Isle of Tol Eressea, Earth Federation, Zyrcrestia, Aipotu Ruo, Nojia, Blogotopia, Wysrod, Zabbar, The Iron Crown Order, and The Republic of Michigan.