“A nation in change, is a nation with an eternal dawn”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Technocratic Thalassocracy of Terra Aurelia is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by the High Council of Progress with a fair hand, and notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its hard-nosed, intelligent population of 6.61 billion are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whoever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Education, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of District of Aurelia. The average income tax rate is 98%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry.
Skateparks can be found in every city, government-run screening operations remove embryos with severe genetic disorders, the people of Terra Aurelia are renowned for their nihilistic attitudes, and cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Terra Aurelia's national animal is the Eagle, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the aureus.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 days ago
- 13 hours ago: Terra Aurelia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Rudest Citizens.
- 1 day 14 hours ago: Terra Aurelia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Mining Sector.
- 5 days ago: Terra Aurelia was refounded in Balder.
- 8 days ago: Terra Aurelia ceased to exist.
- 22 days ago: Terra Aurelia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- 26 days ago: Terra Aurelia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Safest.
- 36 days ago: Terra Aurelia was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- 36 days ago: Following new legislation in Terra Aurelia, cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates.
- 36 days ago: Following new legislation in Terra Aurelia, the people of Terra Aurelia are renowned for their nihilistic attitudes.
- 42 days ago: Terra Aurelia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector.