The Islands of of Telibi is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Bandit King Springfield with an iron fist, and remarkable for its deadly medical pandemics, soft-spoken computers, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 7.772 billion Telibians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, with Education and Industry also on the agenda, while Environment and Spirituality are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Springtopia. The average income tax rate is 40.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Telibian economy, worth a remarkable 1,132 trillion Teltss a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Soda Sales, Uranium Mining, and Gambling. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 145,713 Teltss, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
Telibian political exiles populate the near abroad, town nameplates frequently raise giggles from passing tourists, an entourage of camarillas follow the royals around day and night, and whipping posts and lashes have been transferred to the Historical Museum of Telibian Embarrassments. Crime is relatively low. Telibi's national animal is the Gamingo, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Telibi was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Armed.
- : Following new legislation in Telibi, whipping posts and lashes have been transferred to the Historical Museum of Telibian Embarrassments.
- : Following new legislation in Telibi, an entourage of camarillas follow the royals around day and night.
- : Following new legislation in Telibi, town nameplates frequently raise giggles from passing tourists.
- : Following new legislation in Telibi, Telibian political exiles populate the near abroad.
- : Following new legislation in Telibi, the commercialisation of highly deadly weapons has instilled Telibi with a very polite populace.
- : Telibi was reclassified from "Iron Fist Consumerists" to "Father Knows Best State".
- : Telibi's influence in Lazarus rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Telibi was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Authoritarian.
- : Telibi's influence in Lazarus rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".