“Work, Labor, Honor”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
Location: The Soviet Republics
The Communist Land of Telibi is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by Moses J Cuba with an iron fist, and renowned for its suspicion of poets. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 5.714 billion are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is effectively ruled by the Department of Defence, with areas such as the Environment and Religion & Spirituality receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Activia. The average income tax rate is 64%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Uranium Mining and Gambling.
The government seizes the property of the recently deceased, Telibi's educational system is the envy of many and regarded as a pinnacle of academic achievement, the nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields, and graffiti graces every city's streets. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Telibi's national animal is the Gamingo, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the Telts.
Most Recent Government Activity: 22 days ago
- 3 days 3 hours ago: Telibi was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Corrupt Governments.
- 8 days ago: Telibi was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Armed (last census: Top 10%).
- 9 days ago: Telibi was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- 12 days ago: Telibi was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- 14 days ago: Telibi was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Smartest Citizens.
- 18 days ago: Telibi was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- 20 days ago: Telibi was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 21 days ago: Telibi was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- 22 days ago: Telibi's influence in The Soviet Republics rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- 23 days ago: Following new legislation in Telibi, graffiti graces every city's streets.