The Islands of of Telibi is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by Bandit King Springfield with an iron fist, and remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, rampant corporate plagiarism, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 7.589 billion Telibians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, although Education, Industry, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Environment and Spirituality receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Springtopia. The average income tax rate is 40.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Telibian economy, worth a remarkable 1,088 trillion Teltss a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Soda Sales, Uranium Mining, and Gambling. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 143,394 Teltss, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
Colonial citizens are forced to sing the praise of the "Great Telibian Liberator", only AI know why the nation is rapidly increasing its semiconductor stockpile, returning tourists and businessmen are detained without trial if they belong to the "wrong" religion, and Viagra factories are being converted to producing antimalarials for Bigtopian orphans. Crime is relatively low. Telibi's national animal is the Gamingo, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Telibi was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Soda Pop Sector and the Top 10% for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in Telibi, Viagra factories are being converted to producing antimalarials for Bigtopian orphans.
- : Following new legislation in Telibi, returning tourists and businessmen are detained without trial if they belong to the "wrong" religion.
- : Telibi was reclassified from "Father Knows Best State" to "Iron Fist Consumerists".
- : Following new legislation in Telibi, only AI know why the nation is rapidly increasing its semiconductor stockpile.
- : Telibi was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Crime Rates.
- : Telibi's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Telibi's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Telibi changed its national motto to "Unity through violence.".
- : Telibi changed its national leader to "Bandit King Springfield" and its nation type to "Islands of".