The Hardline Agnostics of Teddymania is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Revered Chairwoman with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, ritual sacrifices, and hatred of cheese. The hard-nosed, democratic, cheerful population of 26.364 billion Teddymanians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Psychopolis. The average income tax rate is 94.9%.
The large but stagnant Teddymanian economy, worth 264 trillion South Sea Pesoes a year, is highly specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining and Retail. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 10,045 South Sea Pesoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Multiple polls have christened the newly-formed Filibuster Committee as "the least efficient government bureaucracy", 'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of Teddymania's radio stations, the government is phasing in welfare programmes to tackle poverty, and businesses are forced to bring all work back within the nation's borders. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Teddymania's national animal is the Plush Sharkie, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Pastafarianism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 days ago
- 20 days ago: Teddymania was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates (last census: Top 1%).
- 20 days ago: Teddymania fell out of the regional Top 10% for Lowest Crime Rates.
- 26 days ago: Teddymania was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Transport Department.
- 29 days ago: Teddymania fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 32 days ago: Teddymania was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 49 days ago: Teddymania was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather.
- 50 days ago: Teddymania fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Cultured.
- 87 days ago: Teddymania was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 93 days ago: Teddymania was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Police Ratios.
- 119 days ago: Teddymania fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.