“This is why we can't have nice things!”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: ZZ 9 Plural Z Alpha
The Hardline Agnostics of Teddymania is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Revered Chairwoman with an even hand, and remarkable for its punitive income tax rates. Its hard-nosed population of 24.226 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Psychopolis. The average income tax rate is 97%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Abortions are routinely performed in Teddymania's hospitals, legislators work 24/7 due to an influx of single-issue bills, calling out of the blue has become taboo, and cremation is compulsory for the deceased. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Teddymania's national animal is the Plush Sharkie, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Pastafarianism, and its currency is the South Sea Peso.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 days ago
- 19 days ago: Teddymania was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry (last census: Top 10%).
- 32 days ago: Teddymania fell out of the world Top 5% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 51 days ago: Teddymania was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Crime Rates.
- 60 days ago: Teddymania was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 66 days ago: Following new legislation in Teddymania, cremation is compulsory for the deceased.
- 73 days ago: Following new legislation in Teddymania, calling out of the blue has become taboo.
- 84 days ago: Teddymania was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- 90 days ago: Teddymania fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Retail Industry.
- 97 days ago: Teddymania relocated from Lazarus to ZZ 9 Plural Z Alpha.
- 97 days ago: Teddymania was refounded in Lazarus.