The Interior State of Tarvolta is a gargantuan, efficient nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, compulsory military service, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-working population of 11.739 billion Tarvoltans are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The enormous, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Spirituality, and Defense. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 59.8%.
The thriving Tarvoltan economy, worth 614 trillion Lyras a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Soda Sales. Average income is 52,351 Lyras, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 194,571 per year while the poor average 9,897, a ratio of 19.7 to 1.
A survey of the nation's rivers and children has shown that pesticide levels are at an all-time regional high, abortion is only legal in unusual circumstances, the nation has an international reputation for compassion, and Pinkerton agents are called in to forcibly break up white collar strikes. Crime, especially youth-related, is well under control, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tarvolta's national animal is the Falcon, which can occasionally be seen dodging aircraft in the nation's cities, and its national religion is Not Stated.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Tarvolta was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Armed (last census: Top 5%).
- : Tarvolta was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Fattest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- : Tarvolta was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Pro-Market.
- : Tarvolta was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Armed (last census: Top 10%).
- : Tarvolta was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- : Tarvolta was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Fattest Citizens.
- : Tarvolta was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Populations.
- : Tarvolta was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Armed.
- : Tarvolta relocated from Equilibrium to The Rejected Realms.
- : Tarvolta was ejected from Equilibrium by The Zolk of Zalk.