The Social Collectivism of Taronix is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by President Hathte with an even hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, irreverence towards religion, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate population of 7.03 billion Taronixoks are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Environment, Law & Order, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sovha. The average income tax rate is 89.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Taronixok economy, worth 440 trillion Iters a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Tourism industry. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 62,615 Iters, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Vaccinations are mandatory, the government has enacted freedom of information, the public are free to vote for whomever the government wants in office, and public footpaths are being slowly eroded by the burgeoning number of ramblers. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Taronix's national animal is the Scinos, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is The Cult Of The Tomato.
Most Recent Government Activity: 16 days ago
- 2 days 7 hours ago: Taronix fell out of the world Top 10% for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 8 days ago: Taronix was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Best Weather (last census: Top 10%).
- 16 days ago: Taronix fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- 45 days ago: Taronix was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 49 days ago: Taronix fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Pacifist.
- 49 days ago: Taronix fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Pacifist.
- 57 days ago: Taronix was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- 64 days ago: Taronix was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 67 days ago: Taronix was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Income Equality.
- 67 days ago: Taronix was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Income Equality.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Sanguinius the Angel.