The Collectivist Socialists of Taronix is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by President Hathte with an iron fist, and notable for its museums and concert halls, rampant corporate plagiarism, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, cynical population of 6.269 billion Taronixoks are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sovha. The average income tax rate is 74.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Taronixian economy, worth 314 trillion Iters a year, is driven entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 50,162 Iters, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Jails have become colloquially known as 'vampire houses', soylent products are an expensive commodity due to a lack of volunteers, a primitive society is being eroded as its youth flock to the modern world, and teams of painters are converting road signs from horse lengths to kilometers. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Taronix's national animal is the Scinos, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is The Cult Of The Tomato.
Most Recent Government Activity: 15 hours ago
- 2 days 14 hours ago: Taronix voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Nuclear Arms Possession Act"".
- 4 days ago: Taronix was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 5%).
- 36 days ago: Taronix fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 55 days ago: Taronix fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 74 days ago: Following new legislation in Taronix, teams of painters are converting road signs from horse lengths to kilometers.
- 75 days ago: Following new legislation in Taronix, a primitive society is being eroded as its youth flock to the modern world.
- 75 days ago: Following new legislation in Taronix, soylent products are an expensive commodity due to a lack of volunteers.
- 75 days ago: Following new legislation in Taronix, jails have become colloquially known as 'vampire houses'.
- 76 days ago: Taronix's influence in Unknown rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".
- 81 days ago: Following new legislation in Taronix, it's always rabbit season.