The Social Collectivism of Taronix is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by President Hathte with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, sprawling nuclear power plants, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The compassionate population of 8.222 billion Taronixoks are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Environment, Law & Order, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sovha. The average income tax rate is 90.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Taronixok economy, worth 545 trillion Iters a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Tourism industry. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 66,323 Iters, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Vaccinations are mandatory, the government has enacted freedom of information, the public are free to vote for whomever the government wants in office, and public footpaths are being slowly eroded by the burgeoning number of ramblers. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Taronix's national animal is the Scinos, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is The Cult Of The Tomato.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Taronix's influence in Unknown fell from "Contender" to "Negotiator".
- : Taronix's influence in Unknown rose from "Minnow" to "Contender".
- : Taronix relocated from Balder to Unknown.
- : Taronix was refounded in Balder.
- : Taronix ceased to exist.
- : Taronix was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Happiest Citizens.
- : Taronix was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Happiest Citizens.
- : Taronix voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Protection of Sapient Rights"".
- : Taronix fell out of the regional Top 10% for Best Weather.
- : Taronix was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Influential (last census: Top 5%).