“Is res non quis quispiam does , tamen is does res quis”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
The Collectivist Socialists of Taronix is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by President Hathte with an iron fist, and renowned for its national health service. Its compassionate, hard-working, cynical population of 4.096 billion are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Law & Order, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sovha. The average income tax rate is 65%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The study of medicine is popular throughout Taronix, parents must choose their children's names from a government-mandated master list, elections are outlawed and a hairstylist has recently received a government appointment, and rumours have it that a secret police is responsible for the recent spate of missing persons. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Taronix's national animal is the Scinos, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is The Cult Of The Tomato, and its currency is the Iter.
Most Recent Government Activity: 84 minutes ago
- 23 hours ago: Taronix was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Best Weather (last census: Top 1%).
- 7 days ago: Taronix endorsed The Democratic Republic of Sewing Socks.
- 9 days ago: Taronix was endorsed by The Kingdom of Russiaslavia.
- 9 days ago: Taronix fell out of the regional Top 10% for Smartest Citizens.
- 10 days ago: Taronix was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Sewing Socks.
- 17 days ago: Taronix fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 32 days ago: Taronix was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 5%).
- 42 days ago: Taronix was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 46 days ago: Taronix was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Nicest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 47 days ago: Taronix was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Compassionate Citizens (last census: Top 5%).