The Social Collectivism of Taronix is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by President Hathte with an even hand, and remarkable for its rampant corporate plagiarism, restrictive gun laws, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate population of 9.275 billion Taronixoks are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Environment, Law & Order, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sovha. The average income tax rate is 89.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Taronixok economy, worth 618 trillion Iters a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Tourism industry. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 66,648 Iters, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Vaccinations are mandatory, the government has enacted freedom of information, the public are free to vote for whomever the government wants in office, and public footpaths are being slowly eroded by the burgeoning number of ramblers. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Taronix's national animal is the Scinos, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is The Cult Of The Tomato.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Taronix's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Taronix's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Taronix was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather, Most Extensive Public Healthcare, and Most Eco-Friendly Governments and the Top 10% for Largest Populations and Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Taronix's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Taronix was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Taronix was refounded in Osiris.
- : Taronix ceased to exist.
- : Taronix's influence in Unknown rose from "Dealmaker" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Taronix was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Taronix was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.