The Social Collectivism of Taronix is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by President Hathte with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, rampant corporate plagiarism, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate population of 7.901 billion Taronixoks are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Environment, Law & Order, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sovha. The average income tax rate is 90.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Taronixok economy, worth 520 trillion Iters a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Tourism industry. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 65,918 Iters, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Vaccinations are mandatory, the government has enacted freedom of information, the public are free to vote for whomever the government wants in office, and public footpaths are being slowly eroded by the burgeoning number of ramblers. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Taronix's national animal is the Scinos, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is The Cult Of The Tomato.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Taronix fell out of the regional Top 10% for Best Weather.
- : Taronix was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Influential (last census: Top 5%).
- : Taronix voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend You".
- : Taronix was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- : Taronix's influence in Unknown rose from "Negotiator" to "Contender".
- : Taronix fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Income Equality.
- : Taronix's influence in Unknown fell from "Contender" to "Negotiator".
- : Taronix fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Income Equality.
- : Taronix fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Taronix fell out of the regional Top 10% for Longest Average Lifespans.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Sanguinius the Angel.