The Social Collectivism of Taronix is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by President Hathte with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, sprawling nuclear power plants, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate population of 6.436 billion Taronixoks are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Environment, Law & Order, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sovha. The average income tax rate is 89.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Taronixok economy, worth 396 trillion Iters a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Tourism industry. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 61,650 Iters, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Vaccinations are mandatory, the government has enacted freedom of information, the public are free to vote for whomever the government wants in office, and public footpaths are being slowly eroded by the burgeoning number of ramblers. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Taronix's national animal is the Scinos, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is The Cult Of The Tomato.
Most Recent Government Activity: 13 hours ago
- 2 days 12 hours ago: Taronix was reclassified from "Corrupt Dictatorship" to "Democratic Socialists".
- 2 days 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Taronix, public footpaths are being slowly eroded by the burgeoning number of ramblers.
- 2 days 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Taronix, the public are free to vote for whomever the government wants in office.
- 2 days 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Taronix, the government has enacted freedom of information.
- 2 days 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Taronix, vaccinations are mandatory.
- 2 days 15 hours ago: Taronix endorsed The Dictatorship of Alvinlanderino.
- 5 days ago: Taronix was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 10%).
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Taronix, Scinoss are considered a delicacy.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Taronix, the importance of winning Olympic gold medals is indoctrinated from an early age.
- 7 days ago: Taronix voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Prevention of Torture"".
Endorsements Received: 1 » Sanguinius the Angel.