“Is res non quis quispiam does , tamen is does res quis”
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Diplomat
The Collectivist Socialists of Taronix is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by President Hathte with an iron fist, and notable for its museums and concert halls. The compassionate, cynical population of 5.258 billion Taronixians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Law & Order, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sovha. The average income tax rate is 69%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The study of medicine is popular throughout Taronix, parents must choose their children's names from a government-mandated master list, elections are outlawed and a hairstylist has recently received a government appointment, and rumours have it that a secret police is responsible for the recent spate of missing persons. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Taronix's national animal is the Scinos, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is The Cult Of The Tomato, and its currency is the Iter.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 10 hours ago
- 13 days ago: Taronix endorsed The Void of Sanguinius the Angel.
- 17 days ago: Taronix was endorsed by The Void of Sanguinius the Angel.
- 29 days ago: Taronix voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Leaded Fuel".
- 29 days ago: Taronix voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Coalition Of Freedom".
- 41 days ago: Taronix's influence in Unknown rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".
- 57 days ago: Taronix voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Capitalist Paradise".
- 73 days ago: Taronix's influence in Unknown rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- 76 days ago: Taronix was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential (last census: Top 10%).
- 79 days ago: Taronix was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Pacifist (last census: Top 5%).
- 87 days ago: Taronix fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Rebellious Youth.