“[flag] Approved by most Ns'ers!”
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Vassal
The Hoplarchy of TaQud is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Isaac Milton with an even hand, and remarkable for its complete lack of prisons. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 5.122 billion enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of TaQudopolis. The average income tax rate is 82%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid, murderers frequently escape punishment by claiming they were protecting their honour, college students make ends meet by selling their kidneys, and it is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. TaQud's national animal is the Aardvark, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Catholicism, and its currency is the Qet.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 hours ago
- 2 days 17 hours ago: TaQud was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Healthiest Citizens.
- 3 days ago: TaQud approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Reduction of Abortion Act"".
- 3 days 8 hours ago: TaQud voted against the World Assembly Resolution "On the Declaration of War".
- 3 days 8 hours ago: TaQud lodged a message on the Kyzikos Regional Message Board.
- 3 days 17 hours ago: TaQud was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Welfare Programs.
- 4 days ago: TaQud published the Factbook "Lol So true Imgur Post.".
- 6 days ago: TaQud was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Smartest Citizens.
- 8 days ago: TaQud voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Stopping Suicide Seeds".
- 8 days ago: TaQud was endorsed by The Federation of The Worlds Laziest Defender.
- 8 days ago: TaQud altered its national flag.