The Free Land of Tanular is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by The Keeper with an iron fist, and notable for its public floggings, keen interest in outer space, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 12.818 billion Tanularis are proud of their wide-ranging civil freedoms, and those who aren't tend to be dragged off the streets by men in dark suits and hustled into cars with tinted windows.
The large, liberal, well-organized government prioritizes Education, although Environment, Healthcare, and Public Transport are also considered important, while Spirituality and Administration aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Politzania. The average income tax rate is 50.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Tanulari economy, worth a remarkable 1,260 trillion urgles a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Arms Manufacturing. Black market activity is extensive. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 98,361 urgles, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
It's always rabbit season, tax rises are attributed to divine will, the education system is being cleansed of all corporate influence, and discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal. Crime is almost non-existent, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tanular's national animal is the aardvark, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Tanular was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Cultured.
- : Tanular was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 10%).
- : Following new legislation in Tanular, discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal.
- : Following new legislation in Tanular, the education system is being cleansed of all corporate influence.
- : Following new legislation in Tanular, tax rises are attributed to divine will.
- : Tanular voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Nuclear Security Convention"".
- : Tanular fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Influential.
- : Tanular's influence in Lazarus rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Following new legislation in Tanular, it's always rabbit season.
- : Following new legislation in Tanular, the national guard is mobilized whenever a mother gets separated from her child at the mall.