“Proud Knight of 10000 Islands”
|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: 10000 Islands
The Kingdom of Takaram is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Someone Better Than You with an even hand, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 9.109 billion are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, pro-business government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tarakia. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 72%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, and Information Technology industries.
Tesco was recently named as the new national treasurer, there are no minimum wage laws, the nation has welcomed its expats back with open arms, and cars speed down national highways while drivers sleep at the wheel. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Takaram's national animal is the Rabbit of Caerbannog, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the Aurite.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 hours ago
- 4 days ago: Takaram voted against the World Assembly Resolution "On the Declaration of War".
- 8 days ago: Takaram voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Stopping Suicide Seeds".
- 9 days ago: Takaram was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides (last census: Top 10%).
- 9 days ago: Takaram was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides (last census: Top 10%).
- 10 days ago: Takaram was endorsed by The United States of Earth Federation.
- 11 days ago: Takaram was endorsed by The Queendom of Ayunli.
- 12 days ago: Takaram voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Emporia Towers".
- 15 days ago: Takaram voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate the South Pacific".
- 15 days ago: Takaram voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Living Wage Act"".
- 17 days ago: Takaram was endorsed by The Suffering of Dustwind.