“Bow to no tyrant.”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Free Land of Taijitu Founder is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by The Ecclesia with a fair hand, and notable for its irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 6.34 billion Taijis hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous government is mainly concerned with Education, although Social Welfare and Healthcare are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Taijitu Founder City. The average income tax rate is 27%, but much higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Book Publishing, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Arms Manufacturing industries.
There's a shortage of swinging hot spots as land development grinds to a halt, politicians are losing their jobs in a plan to make the government 'leaner and fitter', prisoners work-share to cut down rising costs of keeping them in jail, and elevator music has been replaced by thrash metal played at maximum volume. Crime is well under control, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Taijitu Founder's national animal is the enderman, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the tai.
Most Recent Government Activity: 13 days ago
- 13 days ago: Taijitu Founder updated the World Factbook entry in Taijitu.
- 14 days ago: Taijitu Founder published "Taijitu End-of-Summer Update" (Bulletin: News).
- 16 days ago: Taijitu Founder suppressed a post on the Taijitu regional message board.
- 19 days ago: Taijitu Founder updated the World Factbook entry in Taijitu.
- 22 days ago: Taijitu Founder updated the World Factbook entry in Taijitu.
- 23 days ago: Taijitu Founder changed its national demonym adjective to "Taijituan".
- 23 days ago: Taijitu Founder changed its national demonym to "Taiji", its demonym adjective to "Taijituans", and its leader to "The Ecclesia".
- 24 days ago: Taijitu Founder published "Standing Ordinances of the Ecclesia" (Factbook: Politics).
- 25 days ago: Taijitu Founder updated the World Factbook entry in Taijitu.
- 25 days ago: Taijitu Founder proposed constructing embassies between Taijitu and Lazarus.