The Rogue State of Tahar Joblis is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by a complex mess of committees with a fair hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, daily referendums, and hatred of cheese. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 27.653 billion Tahar Joblisians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The relatively small, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government prioritizes Welfare, although Education, Environment, and Social Policy are also considered important, while Spirituality and Industry aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Taharasopolissa. The average income tax rate is 38.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The large but stagnant Tahar Joblisian economy, worth 147 trillion emuris a year, is driven entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 5,320 emuris, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one, many junior high school teachers minor in midwifery, a National Academy regulates grammar and usage, and the nation leads The Proletariat Coalition in per capita stalking. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tahar Joblis's national animal is the giant pacific octopus, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Tahar Joblis was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Income Equality.
- : Tahar Joblis lodged a message on the The Proletariat Coalition Regional Message Board.
- : Tahar Joblis was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extreme.
- : Tahar Joblis fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Inclusive.
- : Tahar Joblis was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights (last census: Top 10%).
- : Tahar Joblis fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Tahar Joblis was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights (last census: Top 5%).
- : Tahar Joblis was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : Tahar Joblis was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- : Tahar Joblis was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens.