“If you can't beat 'em... you need more training.”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Power
Location: The Proletariat Coalition
The Rogue State of Tahar Joblis is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by a complex mess of committees with a fair hand, and notable for its devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, intelligent population of 25.25 billion Tahar Joblisians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Social Welfare, although Education and the Environment are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Taharasopolissa. The average income tax rate is 82%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
People are now classified as male, female, or genderqueer, nude art is becoming wildly popular, the government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one, and many junior high school teachers minor in midwifery. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tahar Joblis's national animal is the giant pacific octopus, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its currency is the emuri.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 hours ago
- 1 day 15 hours ago: Following new legislation in Tahar Joblis, many junior high school teachers minor in midwifery.
- 2 days 3 hours ago: Following new legislation in Tahar Joblis, the government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one.
- 4 days ago: Tahar Joblis was endorsed by The Haderanian Polity of Star City.
- 5 days ago: Tahar Joblis was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 6 days ago: Tahar Joblis lodged a message on the The Internationale Regional Message Board.
- 6 days ago: Tahar Joblis endorsed The House-selling of Minyos.
- 6 days ago: Tahar Joblis endorsed The United Socialist States of Blackbird.
- 6 days ago: Tahar Joblis endorsed The Free Land of Timao.
- 11 days ago: Tahar Joblis was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments (last census: Top 1%).
- 18 days ago: Tahar Joblis fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Compassionate Citizens.