“Happiness is all.”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Duckspeaker
The Republic of Tagete is a colossal, socially progressive nation, notable for its restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 8.508 billion Tageteans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Social Policy also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Industry are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rasna. The average income tax rate is 67.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Tagetean economy, worth 64.9 trillion Dinaroes a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 7,631 Dinaroes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Government officials have to mortgage their homes to make ends meet, the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes, all tariffs have been abolished, and citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits. Crime is totally unknown. Tagete's national animal is the Squirrel, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 hours ago
- 4 hours ago: Tagete voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Marine Debris Accord"".
- 2 days 10 hours ago: Tagete was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments (last census: Top 10%).
- 3 days 23 hours ago: Following new legislation in Tagete, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits.
- 3 days 23 hours ago: Following new legislation in Tagete, all tariffs have been abolished.
- 3 days 23 hours ago: Tagete endorsed The Principality of Laugharne.
- 4 days ago: Tagete was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Free (last census: Top 5%).
- 12 days ago: Tagete was endorsed by The Principality of Laugharne.
- 21 days ago: Following new legislation in Tagete, the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes.
- 21 days ago: Following new legislation in Tagete, government officials have to mortgage their homes to make ends meet.
- 22 days ago: Following new legislation in Tagete, students cut up leftover Dinaroes during Arts and Crafts.