“capitalism is organized crime, we are all the victims”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Power
The Cosmic Attitude Adjustment of Tachanka is a colossal, cultured nation, notable for its complete lack of prisons. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 9.33 billion are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whoever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and the Environment. The average income tax rate is 80%, and even higher for the wealthy. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Tourism.
A government program is underway to revitalize Tachanka's beaches, children are raised bilingual from an early age, the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes, and 'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of Tachanka's radio stations. Crime is totally unknown. Tachanka's national animal is the nestor, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the makhno.
Most Recent Government Activity: 14 days ago
- 3 days 21 hours ago: Tachanka was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- 8 days ago: Tachanka was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Happiest Citizens.
- 12 days ago: Tachanka was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- 21 days ago: Tachanka was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 39 days ago: Tachanka fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- 49 days ago: Tachanka was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nicest Citizens.
- 50 days ago: Tachanka was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- 52 days ago: Tachanka's influence in Libcom rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- 63 days ago: Tachanka was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 66 days ago: Tachanka lodged a message on the Libcom Regional Message Board.