The Cosmic Attitude Adjustment of Tachanka is a gargantuan, efficient nation, renowned for its daily referendums, complete lack of prisons, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic population of 11.826 billion Tachankans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Social Policy. The average income tax rate is 91.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Tachankan economy, worth a remarkable 1,110 trillion makhnoes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is 93,882 makhnoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Workers have seized control of the economy, citizens wishing to leave the country must surrender half their wealth to the government, the national guard is mobilized whenever a mother gets separated from her child at the mall, and a government program is underway to revitalize Tachanka's beaches. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tachanka's national animal is the nestor, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 20 hours ago
- 6 hours ago: Tachanka was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 5%).
- 2 days 8 hours ago: Tachanka's influence in Sufism rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".
- 4 days ago: Tachanka fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Income Equality.
- 8 days ago: Tachanka relocated from The Rejected Realms to Sufism.
- 8 days ago: Tachanka relocated from Libcom to The Rejected Realms.
- 8 days ago: Tachanka was ejected and banned from Libcom by The World Turned Upside Down of E G Smith.
- 14 days ago: Tachanka was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Healthiest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 27 days ago: Tachanka was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Public Sector.
- 31 days ago: Tachanka was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs (last census: Top 10%).
- 33 days ago: Tachanka was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 10%).