The Cosmic Attitude Adjustment of Tachanka is a gargantuan, cultured nation, renowned for its state-planned economy, smutty television, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic population of 13.089 billion Tachankans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Social Policy. The average income tax rate is 91.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Tachankan economy, worth a remarkable 1,228 trillion makhnoes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is 93,882 makhnoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Workers have seized control of the economy, citizens wishing to leave the country must surrender half their wealth to the government, the national guard is mobilized whenever a mother gets separated from her child at the mall, and a government program is underway to revitalize Tachanka's beaches. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Tachanka's national animal is the nestor, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Qurbat of Dark Triad appointed Tachanka as ﻗﻄﺐ with authority over Appearance, Border Control, Communications, Embassies, and Polls in Sufism.
- : Tachanka was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- : Tachanka's influence in Sufism rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- : Tachanka's influence in Sufism rose from "Dealmaker" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Tachanka's influence in Sufism rose from "Instigator" to "Dealmaker".
- : Tachanka was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- : Tachanka's influence in Sufism rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".
- : Tachanka's influence in Sufism rose from "Negotiator" to "Contender".
- : Tachanka was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Tachanka's influence in Sufism rose from "Auxiliary" to "Negotiator".