“One Love, One Earth, One Taboa”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The United Kingdom of Taboa is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by King Maximillian with an even hand, and notable for its compulsory military service. Its compassionate population of 6.22 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Forshire. The average income tax rate is 82%, and even higher for the wealthy. A robust private sector is led by the Tourism industry, followed by Beef-Based Agriculture and Book Publishing.
The Supreme Court vehemently protects civil rights and the right to privacy, referenda can be called for any law at the request of at least one third of the voting population, the Taboa Mental Asylum Party have recently won seats in parliament, and the government is using tax revenues to provide jobs for the poor. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Taboa's national animal is the Cat, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Neo-Taboan Catholicism, and its currency is the Taboan Pound.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 days ago
- 3 days 10 hours ago: Taboa was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Safest.
- 4 days ago: Taboa was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather.
- 11 days ago: Taboa was refounded in Osiris.
- 21 days ago: Taboa ceased to exist.
- 47 days ago: Taboa fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Godforsaken.
- 58 days ago: Taboa lodged a message on the Gay Regional Message Board.
- 64 days ago: Taboa was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 71 days ago: Taboa relocated from Balder to Gay.
- 71 days ago: Taboa was refounded in Balder.
- 83 days ago: Taboa ceased to exist.