The Neraklos Province of Syrakhstan is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by Ayatollah Mahdavi with an iron fist, and notable for its parental licensing program, flagrant waste-dumping, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 7.185 billion Syrakhstanis are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt, well-organized morass — juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Asgabhad. The average income tax rate is 97.0%.
The all-consuming Syrakhstanian economy, worth 888 trillion Shahis a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Information Technology, and Trout Farming. Average income is an impressive 123,655 Shahis, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 444,760 per year while the poor average 24,608, a ratio of 18.1 to 1.
It is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest growing field, politicians constantly ring their voters to remind them how good a job they're doing, and conscientious objectors are hanged as traitors. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Syrakhstan's national animal is the Persian Leopard, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Islam.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Syrakhstan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- : Syrakhstan was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Syrakhstan was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments (last census: Top 10%).
- : Syrakhstan was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare (last census: Top 10%).
- : Syrakhstan changed its national nation type to "Neraklos Province".
- : Syrakhstan altered its national flag.
- : Syrakhstan changed its national nation type to "The Neraklos Province".
- : Syrakhstan was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Public Transport Department (last census: Top 10%).
- : Following new legislation in Syrakhstan, conscientious objectors are hanged as traitors.
- : Following new legislation in Syrakhstan, politicians constantly ring their voters to remind them how good a job they're doing.