“For God, the Fatherland, and the Emperor”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Powerbroker
Location: Coalition of Catholic States
The Empire of Synaxis is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Emperor Alexander VIII with an even hand, and remarkable for its complete absence of social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 7.68 billion Synaxians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Religion & Spirituality, Law & Order, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Saint Augustus City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 68%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Tourism industry, followed by Furniture Restoration and Beef-Based Agriculture.
Voting is voluntary, legislation sometimes has to battle through weeks of filibustering to pass, churches frequently hold public 'contraception burnings', and children of nonreligious parents are often barred from school festival events. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Synaxis's national animal is the Synaxian Imperial Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, its national religion is Roman Catholicism, and its currency is the ducat.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 hours ago
- 8 hours ago: Synaxis voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"".
- 1 day 16 hours ago: Synaxis was reclassified from "Moralistic Democracy" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- 1 day 16 hours ago: Following new legislation in Synaxis, children of nonreligious parents are often barred from school festival events.
- 1 day 20 hours ago: Synaxis voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "National Economic Freedoms"".
- 2 days 16 hours ago: Synaxis was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Moralistic Democracy".
- 2 days 16 hours ago: Following new legislation in Synaxis, churches frequently hold public 'contraception burnings'.
- 2 days 18 hours ago: Synaxis lodged a message on the Coalition of Catholic States Regional Message Board.
- 3 days 3 hours ago: Synaxis was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 3 days 19 hours ago: Synaxis lodged a message on the Coalition of Catholic States Regional Message Board.
- 4 days ago: Synaxis voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Sciongrad".