The Empire of Synaxis is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Emperor Alexander VIII with an even hand, and notable for its anti-smoking policies, daily referendums, and complete absence of social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working, cheerful, devout population of 11.53 billion Synaxians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Saint Augustus City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 1.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Synaxian economy, worth a remarkable 1,802 trillion ducats a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Book Publishing, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is an impressive 156,295 ducats, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 528,979 per year while the poor average 34,127, a ratio of 15.5 to 1.
Citizens live in superstitious fear of the mysterious glowing clouds that float over Synaxis, the army lures cannon fodder with promises of a college education, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit, and it's always rabbit season. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force. Synaxis's national animal is the Synaxian Imperial Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Synaxis was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Synaxis was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- : Synaxis was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Stationary.
- : Synaxis lodged a message on the Coalition of Catholic States Regional Message Board.
- : Synaxis voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Thomas Branson III".
- : Synaxis voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Cyber Security Convention"".
- : Following new legislation in Synaxis, it's always rabbit season.
- : Following new legislation in Synaxis, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit.
- : Synaxis was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- : Synaxis voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Caelapes".