The Empire of Synaxis is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Emperor Alexander VIII with an even hand, and renowned for its strictly enforced bedtime, sprawling nuclear power plants, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 10.323 billion Synaxians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Saint Augustus City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 22.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Synaxian economy, worth a remarkable 1,727 trillion ducats a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Book Publishing, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is an impressive 167,359 ducats, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 518,349 per year while the poor average 41,631, a ratio of 12.5 to 1.
Employers may fire workers without giving any reason, inheritance tax has recently been abolished, third party candidates are now gaining some representation in Parliament, and politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Synaxis's national animal is the Synaxian Imperial Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Synaxis, politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income.
- : Following new legislation in Synaxis, third party candidates are now gaining some representation in Parliament.
- : Following new legislation in Synaxis, inheritance tax has recently been abolished.
- : Synaxis agreed to construct embassies between Coalition of Catholic States and POLATION.
- : Synaxis voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Proscription on Living Shields".
- : Synaxis voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The World Assembly".
- : Synaxis fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Primitive.
- : Synaxis was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 5%).
- : Following new legislation in Synaxis, employers may fire workers without giving any reason.
- : Following new legislation in Synaxis, almost half of the child population live rough on the streets.