“For God, the Fatherland, and the Emperor”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Powerbroker
Location: Coalition of Catholic States
The Empire of Synaxis is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Emperor Alexander VIII with an even hand, and renowned for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, hard-working population of 7.057 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Religion & Spirituality, Law & Order, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Saint Augustus City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 68%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Tourism industry, followed by Beef-Based Agriculture and Furniture Restoration.
Many working fathers have never seen their children, citizens are permitted to carry concealed handguns, voting is voluntary, and photographers have to apply for a license to photograph Emperor Alexander VIII. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Synaxis's national animal is the Synaxian Imperial Eagle, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Roman Catholicism, and its currency is the ducat.
Most Recent Government Activity: 26 minutes ago
- 1 day 9 hours ago: Following new legislation in Synaxis, photographers have to apply for a license to photograph Emperor Alexander VIII.
- 2 days 7 hours ago: Synaxis was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Highest Police Ratios (last census: Top 10%).
- 2 days 21 hours ago: Following new legislation in Synaxis, voting is voluntary.
- 3 days 1 hour ago: Synaxis voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Dourian Embassy".
- 3 days 18 hours ago: Following new legislation in Synaxis, citizens are permitted to carry concealed handguns.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Synaxis, many working fathers have never seen their children.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Synaxis, citizens live in superstitious fear of the mysterious glowing clouds that float over Synaxis.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Synaxis, midnight raids drag couples from their homes in the name of decency.
- 6 days ago: Synaxis voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Rights and Duties of WA States"".
- 7 days ago: Synaxis voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate South Pacific"".