The Empire of Synaxis is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Emperor Alexander VIII with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, sprawling nuclear power plants, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 8.971 billion Synaxians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Saint Augustus City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 31.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Synaxisian economy, worth a remarkable 1,374 trillion ducats a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Furniture Restoration, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 153,192 ducats, with the richest citizens earning 8.4 times as much as the poorest.
All artwork is carefully screened for offensive material, punitive tariffs protect local industry, the education system is famed for its taxing exams, and protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Synaxis's national animal is the Synaxian Imperial Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 89 minutes ago
- 1 day 9 hours ago: Synaxis fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Primitive.
- 1 day 10 hours ago: Following new legislation in Synaxis, protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations.
- 1 day 17 hours ago: Synaxis voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Nuclear Arms Possession Act"".
- 2 days 8 hours ago: Synaxis was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 5%).
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Synaxis, the education system is famed for its taxing exams.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Synaxis, punitive tariffs protect local industry.
- 4 days ago: Synaxis voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Luna Amore".
- 5 days ago: Synaxis fell out of the regional Top 5% for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- 7 days ago: Synaxis voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "On Genetically Modified Foods"".
- 7 days ago: Synaxis's influence in Coalition of Catholic States rose from "Power" to "Superpower".
Endorsements Received: 1 » Wagafraga.