The Empire of Synaxis is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Emperor Alexander VIII with an even hand, and renowned for its free-roaming dinosaurs, public floggings, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate, hard-working, cheerful, devout population of 11.046 billion Synaxians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Saint Augustus City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 31.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Synaxian economy, worth a remarkable 1,872 trillion ducats a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Book Publishing, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is an impressive 169,515 ducats, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 564,208 per year while the poor average 37,951, a ratio of 14.9 to 1.
Murder victims' families receive windfall payouts when the murderers are executed, the SBI Channel Tunnel project is plagued by delays, heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste, and research into 'designer babies' is banned. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Synaxis's national animal is the Synaxian Imperial Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Synaxis was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Lowest Crime Rates (last census: Top 5%).
- : Synaxis fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Primitive.
- : Synaxis was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- : Synaxis was reclassified from "Capitalist Paradise" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Synaxis, research into 'designer babies' is banned.
- : Following new legislation in Synaxis, heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste.
- : Following new legislation in Synaxis, the SBI Channel Tunnel project is plagued by delays.
- : Synaxis lodged a message on the Coalition of Catholic States Regional Message Board.
- : Synaxis voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Right to sexual privacy".
- : Synaxis was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector (last census: Top 10%).