The Empire of Sydrzay is a massive, safe nation, ruled by emperor Aleksander III with a fair hand, and remarkable for its frequent executions, rampant corporate plagiarism, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, democratic, devout population of 2.189 billion Sydrzene enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Spirituality, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Manka napal. The average income tax rate is 67.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Sydrzen economy, worth 76.0 trillion sydrzen kronor a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Tourism, and Uranium Mining. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 34,697 sydrzen kronor, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Only the rich can afford the latest medical innovations, Manka napal spends billions upgrading public transport, the government enforces a policy of 'from each according to their ability, to each according to the available budget', and the nation's soldiers are considered the best-dressed in Le FoPo Division. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sydrzay's national animal is the crowned lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Sydrzen Catholiscism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 26 days ago
- 21 days ago: Sydrzay's influence in Le FoPo Division rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".
- 24 days ago: Sydrzay's influence in Le FoPo Division fell from "Instigator" to "Contender".
- 26 days ago: Sydrzay relocated from Lazarus to Le FoPo Division.
- 26 days ago: Sydrzay was refounded in Lazarus.
- 30 days ago: Sydrzay ceased to exist.
- 32 days ago: Sydrzay was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Devout (last census: Top 5%).
- 38 days ago: Sydrzay fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Politically Free.
- 65 days ago: Sydrzay's influence in Le FoPo Division rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".
- 76 days ago: Sydrzay's influence in Le FoPo Division rose from "Negotiator" to "Contender".
- 89 days ago: Sydrzay's influence in Le FoPo Division rose from "Auxiliary" to "Negotiator".