The Commonwealth of Sydrzay is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by emperor Aleksander III with an even hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space, sprawling nuclear power plants, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, cheerful, devout population of 4.262 billion Sydrzen have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Spirituality. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Manka napal. The average income tax rate is 71.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Sydrzen economy, worth 338 trillion SKrs a year, is quite specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 79,382 SKrs, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
Parents live in fear of governmental 'child protection' squads, most of the nation's wealthy aristocrats are dentists, government officials have to mortgage their homes to make ends meet, and CEOs and corporate executives are frequently found striking for better stock options. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sydrzay's national animal is the Lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Catholiscism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Sydrzay's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Sydrzay was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Defense Forces and the Top 10% for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Sydrzay was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Sydrzay ceased to exist.
- : Sydrzay was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education.
- : Sydrzay was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- : Sydrzay's influence in FoPo fell from "Powerbroker" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Sydrzay's influence in FoPo rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- : Following new legislation in Sydrzay, CEOs and corporate executives are frequently found striking for better stock options.
- : Following new legislation in Sydrzay, government officials have to mortgage their homes to make ends meet.