The Who needs a pretitle of Swkoll is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Person McPerson with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, national health service, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 7.863 billion Swkollians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Democratic Haven. The average income tax rate is 91.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Swkollian economy, worth 595 trillion Sooks a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 75,766 Sooks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Students are wary of colorfully decorated new teachers with names like Professor Pipsqueak, Swkoll has been greatly criticised for its isolationist policies, condemned prisoners spend hours a day sitting in lotus position looking perplexed, and Swkoll is increasingly belligerent on the international stage. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Swkoll's national animal is the Black Horse, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Swkollism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 26 days ago
- 3 days 9 hours ago: Swkoll was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 8 days ago: Swkoll was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Healthiest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 8 days ago: Swkoll was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Healthiest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 12 days ago: Swkoll fell out of the world Top 1% for Most Influential.
- 21 days ago: Swkoll was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Sector.
- 22 days ago: Swkoll was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Cultured.
- 23 days ago: Swkoll was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Smartest Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 25 days ago: Swkoll was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Welfare Programs.
- 26 days ago: Swkoll was refounded in Osiris.
- 197 days ago: Swkoll ceased to exist.