“We're infuriatingly neutral! ”
|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Ludicrously Neutral State of Switzarland is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by TESCO with an even hand, and notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 3.576 billion are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, corrupt, pro-business individuals is effectively ruled by the Department of Commerce, with areas such as Social Welfare and the Environment receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Swiss City. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Information Technology industry, followed by Automobile Manufacturing and Uranium Mining.
Urban high-volume mailers now receive their mail via chauffeur-driven limousines, shanty towns are forming in the suburbs of major cities, cars speed down national highways while drivers sleep at the wheel, and criminals are thrown to the zars to repay their debt to society. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling, probably because of the country's utter lack of prisons. Switzarland's national animal is the zar, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is Capitalism, and its currency is the swit.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 days ago
- 1 day 11 hours ago: Switzarland was endorsed by The Former Delegate of McMasterdonia.
- 5 days ago: Switzarland was endorsed by The Empire of Drenbot.
- 6 days ago: Switzarland was endorsed by The Maritime Explorer of General COE.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Switzarland, criminals are thrown to the zars to repay their debt to society.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Switzarland, cars speed down national highways while drivers sleep at the wheel.
- 9 days ago: Following new legislation in Switzarland, shanty towns are forming in the suburbs of major cities.
- 11 days ago: Switzarland was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Love Song.
- 11 days ago: Switzarland was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Gambling Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 12 days ago: Following new legislation in Switzarland, urban high-volume mailers now receive their mail via chauffeur-driven limousines.
- 12 days ago: Following new legislation in Switzarland, tourists are flocking to the newly-built MeteorLand family resort.
Endorsements Received: 37 (Yaorozu, Groovistan, Grosseschnauzer, Great Bights Mum, Blackshear41, God n Country n Byron, Former English Colony, Whereisthatistan, Blue Wolf II, Novare Res, Pasargad, Herzliyya, New haven america, Democatic Donkeys, Malvad, Everywheristan, Neosocialists, Zemnaya Svoboda, Ator People, Enif, Mariensbergian Principality, Jamie Anumia, Selfgradatude, Esponnise, Steve-Oia, Jeiji, Casal Centeio, Abs123, Eumbner, Troibroin, Avalon, Andromeda Islands, Teigonica, Love Song, General COE, Drenbot, McMasterdonia)