“Equality, Unity and Peace to the People”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Diplomat
Location: The Union of Red Nations
The Peoples Democratic Republic of Svalbar is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Premier Jorgen Torvald Henriksen with an even hand, and renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 4.144 billion are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Education, although the Environment and Defence are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Noko. The average income tax rate is 99%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
An increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents, pharmacies close down as medicinal drugs are sold freely by the government, the new hit series "Svalbar's Got Trauma" has corporate executives fleeing the country, and only toddlers and the elderly watch television before 23:00. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Svalbar's national animal is the Polar Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is No state religion, and its currency is the Nothern Light.
Most Recent Government Activity: 13 days ago
- 9 days ago: Svalbar fell out of the regional Top 10% for Smartest Citizens.
- 25 days ago: Following new legislation in Svalbar, only toddlers and the elderly watch television before 23:00.
- 25 days ago: Following new legislation in Svalbar, the new hit series "Svalbar's Got Trauma" has corporate executives fleeing the country.
- 28 days ago: Svalbar fell out of the world Top 10% for Healthiest Citizens.
- 29 days ago: Svalbar voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Radiowaves and Microwaves Act".
- 32 days ago: Svalbar was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 36 days ago: Svalbar was endorsed by The Allied States of The Briarwood.
- 38 days ago: Svalbar fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Defense Forces.
- 39 days ago: Svalbar fell out of the regional Top 5% for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 42 days ago: Svalbar was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth (last census: Top 5%).
Endorsements Received: 1 » Free Terra.