“Equality, Unity and Peace to the People”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Duckspeaker
Location: The Union of Red Nations
The Peoples Democratic Republic of Svalbar is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Premier Jorgen Torvald Henriksen with an even hand, and notable for its devotion to social welfare. Its compassionate population of 3.635 billion are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Education, although Defence and the Environment are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Noko. The average income tax rate is 99%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Children are raised bilingual from an early age, most of the nation's wealthy aristocrats are dentists, there's a shortage of swinging hot spots as land development grinds to a halt, and abortions are routinely performed in Svalbar's hospitals. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Svalbar's national animal is the Polar Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is No state religion, and its currency is the Nothern Light.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 days ago
- 6 hours ago: Svalbar was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- 11 days ago: Svalbar was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- 14 days ago: Svalbar was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Defense Forces.
- 19 days ago: Svalbar was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Godforsaken (last census: Top 10%).
- 24 days ago: Following new legislation in Svalbar, abortions are routinely performed in Svalbar's hospitals.
- 27 days ago: Svalbar was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Safest.
- 29 days ago: Svalbar's influence in The Union of Red Nations rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- 32 days ago: Svalbar's influence in The Union of Red Nations fell from "Duckspeaker" to "Handshaker".
- 37 days ago: Svalbar fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Influential.
- 37 days ago: Svalbar fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Influential.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Free Terra.