“Equality, Unity and Peace to the People”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Diplomat
Location: The Union of Red Nations
The Peoples Democratic Republic of Svalbar is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Premier Jorgen Torvald Henriksen with an even hand, and renowned for its strong anti-business policies. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 4.402 billion are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Education, although the Environment and Defence are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Noko. The average income tax rate is 99%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
An increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents, pharmacies close down as medicinal drugs are sold freely by the government, the new hit series "Svalbar's Got Trauma" has corporate executives fleeing the country, and only toddlers and the elderly watch television before 23:00. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Svalbar's national animal is the Polar Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is No state religion, and its currency is the Nothern Light.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 days ago
- 8 days ago: Svalbar was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments (last census: Top 5%).
- 12 days ago: Svalbar was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- 14 days ago: Svalbar was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 14 days ago: Svalbar was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 18 days ago: Svalbar was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Public Transport Department (last census: Top 10%).
- 25 days ago: Svalbar was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pacifist.
- 27 days ago: Svalbar voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Rights and Duties of WA States"".
- 27 days ago: Svalbar was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Newly reformed soviet states of billich.
- 33 days ago: Svalbar was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments (last census: Top 10%).
- 34 days ago: Svalbar was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Drug Use.